problems with upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2

problems with upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2

by Janice Pickering -
Number of replies: 5

I have created a lot of problems trying to upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2.  I have followed all the instructions I could but now cannot even open the site with the following errors:

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Attempt to require a JavaScript file that does not exist.
Debug info: /repository/filepicker.js
Stack trace:
  • line 368 of \lib\outputrequirementslib.php: coding_exception thrown
  • line 512 of \lib\outputrequirementslib.php: call to page_requirements_manager->js_fix_url()
  • line 202 of \lib\outputrequirementslib.php: call to page_requirements_manager->js_module()
  • line 489 of \lib\pagelib.php: call to page_requirements_manager->__construct()
  • line 617 of \lib\pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_requires()
  • line 305 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to moodle_page->__get()
  • line 33 of \theme\anomaly\layout\general.php: call to core_renderer->standard_head_html()
  • line 685 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to include()
  • line 637 of \lib\outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()
  • line ? of unknownfile: call to core_renderer->header()
  • line 1363 of \lib\setuplib.php: call to call_user_func_array()
  • line 333 of \login\index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->__call()
  • line 333 of \login\index.php: call to bootstrap_renderer->header()

I would appreciate any advice as I do not want to lose the data from the previous installation

Janice

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janice Pickering

Re: problems with upgrade from 1.9 to 2.2

by Janice Pickering -

Updated information: I have managed to turn off debugging, and can now view the site again, but due to all these errors the menus do not work properly in that many of the menu items will not expand including the Administration menu.  Any help would be appreciated.

Janice

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Is this definitely a clean copy of 2.2. Check carefully, that you did not copy 2.2 over the top of 1.9 or that you did not try to copy any 1.9 code back into 2.2. They are completely incompatible.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Janice Pickering -

Thanks for the response Howard, I did a clean installation of 2.2.  The windows error that shows on the pages where the menu won't expand is:

Line: 336
Char: 108
Code: 0

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There was some discussion here... http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=163122

The solution looks like "clear your cache". If this is in IE you should give it a try in (a a proper browser like) Firefox to eliminate it if nothing else.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Janice Pickering -

I have solved my problem which ended up being caused by my lack of understanding of the server, when I first unzipped the installation files some files were blocked by the server due to its security settings, when I then replaced the missing files I did not realise they had the wrong security settings on them so the errors continued.  I did another clean install and made sure the security settings were correct, now all working perfectly.  Thanks for your advice which led me to check this.