user login change and last name change or move completed courses to other user account

user login change and last name change or move completed courses to other user account

by W K -
Number of replies: 5

Case:  Just Married girl changes her Last Name.

Info:  Moodle 1.9.3   + LDAP Sync (MS Active Directory) user accounts

Change has been done in Active Directory with success.

(User Login (SamAccountName , Last Name, e-mail)

Question:

How to change login, last name, email in her moodle account so She can log in with her new login (changed SamAccountName in AD) ?

Alternative:

How to move all user data (completed courses etc.) from one user account to another or how to merge two existing accounts or something that I can’t imagine.

(database modification allowed but of course not recommended)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to W K

Re: user login change and last name change or move completed courses to other user account

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

If everything works fine, you should have a duplicate account with the new login on Moodle. You can then merge the accounts using the script at: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=103425

If you want this to be officially integrated to Moodle, please vote at MDL-24443

In reply to Adi Tedjasaputra

Re: user login change and last name change or move completed courses to other user account

by IT Coordinator -

Great, this is exactly what I was looking for!  Thank you so much Mr. Adi.

In reply to IT Coordinator

by IT Coordinator -

Wait a second, I don't see any posts by you in that link Adi.  I don't know which script is best for me on standard MySQL LInux install of Moodle 1.9.  Can you attach the latest file here or provide a direct link to minimize the confusion?

In reply to IT Coordinator

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

Hi,

This is the link for the script created by Shane: http://moodle.org/pluginfile.php/143/mod_forum/attachment/694779/admin_report_mergeusers.zip

There are others in the forum posts. You just need to look at the top right corner of each post, where the scripts are attached.

Kind regards smile

Adi

In reply to W K

by Rosario Carcò -

I use the eMail-Address as username in Moodle, i.e. I map Moodle's username not to samAccountName but to mail field of MS AD.

But of course, if the names change also in the eMail-Address, I have to adjust the Moodle account manually before the users log in with the new name. If they do, I delete the new account and modify the old one so that at next login they get all their courses.

Rosario