Stamp collection add-on:: Stamp collection 2.0 ready for testing

Stamp collection add-on:: Stamp collection 2.0 ready for testing

by David Mudrák -
Number of replies: 11
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi folks,

finally I managed to upgrade the Stamp collection module code so that it should work under Moodle 2.x. I did not release it in the Plugins database yet as there are some missing bits still and I believe it needs more testing. The version for 2.x can be downloaded at https://github.com/mudrd8mz/moodle-mod_stampcoll/downloads

Please note that this version does not add any new functionality yet (like the requested bulk mode etc). As announced in advance, I was primarily focused on having the basic features set available in Moodle 2.x.

The current 2.x version (living on the "master" branch in the Git repository) is supposed to

• upgrade successfully from 1.9 version
  • keep the eventual custom stamp image during the upgrade
  • support 2.x backup and restore (MBZ format)

The 2.x version does NOT

• support restoring 1.x backups yet (as Moodle core does not support restoring user data yet and without user data, there is not really much to restore in this activity)

I will really appreciate if you find time and try to install the 2.x version at your test sites and give me feedback on how things go. If you could test upgrade from 1.9 site, that would be great.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: Stamp collection add-on:: Stamp collection 2.0 ready for testing

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi guys,

let me encourage everybody to try and install the 2.x version as described above. Without your feedback I do not want to do the official release of the module. Thanks in advance.
In reply to David Mudrák

by peter winter -

Installed the test version of stampcoll on 2.1.2+. It works fine from both teacher and student perspectives. Fantastic to have this mod for 2.0.

Thankyou David for all your hard work.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to peter winter

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

made a video (cos I like that sort of thingsmile)

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Adi Tedjasaputra -

I like it!

David, Thanks for the effort!

Mary, Thanks for the visual!

Cheers smile

Adi

In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Mudrák -
Thanks a lot for the video Mary!
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ian Guest -

Just downloaded and installed it successfully David. All working fine from both Teacher and Student perspectives. Many thanks for your hard work!

Given the work you've just put in, I'm loathe to ask, but here goes anyway ...

Wonder whether adding a feature which allows the teacher the choice of awarding different stamps (as Frankie mentioned in the previous discussion) might be something you could consider adding? Or is it too big an ask?

Thanks again.

In reply to Ian Guest

by David Mudrák -

Hi Ian, I guess you mean something like CONTRIB-1009 ? If so please vote for it. I can't promise I can work on this module much in any near future but votes are always a good motivation for us developers. And so are postcards

In reply to David Mudrák

by Ian Guest -

Thanks David.

Something like that, yes. However I have to confess I'm not entirely comfortable with the notion of 'negative' stamps, so I'm not keen to vote for the whole of 1009.

[Also couldn't see a voting option & my account here doesn't seem to gain access across in that section ... but that might just be my inexperience!]

I understand entirely about the limits of your time commitment; no worries. But for your work we've benefitted from so far, you definitely deserve a postcard! I'll get on it wink

In reply to Ian Guest

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ian -you just need to make an account in the tracker and then you will be able to votesmile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ian Guest -

Ah, thanks Mary.

In reply to David Mudrák

by Elizabeth Dalton -

This is a cool idea. smile

It looks like an individual stamp could be enabled for completion criteria, right? So a student could be given the ability to give a stamp only after they complete a certain assignment?

Also, have you thought of integrating this with Badges in 2.5? Or would a stamp already count as a completion that could be linked to a badge?