Moodle documentation: Moodle 2.2 documentation and new Moodle Docs theme

Moodle documentation: Moodle 2.2 documentation and new Moodle Docs theme

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that the Moodle 2.2 English documentation wiki is now available - docs.moodle.org/22/en/ including documentation of new features in Moodle 2.2. Thanks to everyone who has helped. approve

You'll find that 'Moodle Docs for this page' links in Moodle 2.2 redirect to the 2.2 documentation, the same as links in Moodle 2.1, 2.0 and 1.9 redirect to the appropriate version wiki.

If you visit Moodle Docs you'll notice it has a new theme, designed to save screen space and make it easier for users with mobile phones and smaller screen sizes to access the documentation. Blocks previously in the left column can now be found in the footer, and a new navigation bar above the page tabs will hopefully help people to navigate the documentation more easily. Thanks to Sam Hemelryk for developing the new Moodle Docs theme. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle 2.2 documentation and new Moodle Docs theme

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers

Thanks Helen and Sam,

Like the "More Docs" tool box. Going to have to get used to it on the bottom.  But with the navbar, that will not be necessary.  However, where is the Search Moodle Docs, we just going with the search moodle.org? 

In the more tools,  I would suggest to add 1.9 and later we might drop some of them and just have a link to other english docs page with links.

So I take it the MediaWiki will not recognize a device like Moodle?   So we need to think about the lowest common demonator?

Chris

In reply to Helen Foster

by Chad Outten -
Picture of Testers

Nice job, Helen. I've no doubt many people will find it useful to access documentation that relates specifically to the Moodle version.

In reply to Chad Outten

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Chris and Chad for your comments.

Regarding the Moodle Docs search, the plan was to have a Google-powered search of Moodle Docs, however it seems the idea has been scrapped, so hopefully the Mediawiki search block can be put back soon. In the meantime there's a search link in the navigation block.

I've added a link to the 1.9 documentation in the more docs block as suggested, thanks. smile