Question about the Remote Learner integration into Adobe Connect (needing to setup participant access for each room)

Question about the Remote Learner integration into Adobe Connect (needing to setup participant access for each room)

by Peter Evans -
Number of replies: 1

I've had a quick look at our Moodle instance (1.9.6) using the Remote-Learner integration into Adobe Connect. I created a meeting room in the course and when I clicked the link to enter the room that I was shown a page with two buttons:

• [Join meeting] and
  • [Asign roles]
I imagined that by creating a room in a course, I was automagically giving everyoone in that course who had the "Moodle student" role the "Adobe Connect Participant" access to that room. But it seems that I have to manually do that for each room.  Is this the way it is meant to work or am I missing something?
If I have to manually setup the student access to the room each time, what is the impact of setting up the Adobe Connect activity using with Group mode set to "Separate groups" or "Visible Groups"?
Thanks in advance for assistance,
Peter Evans
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Evans

Re: Question about the Remote Learner integration into Adobe Connect (needing to setup participant access for each room)

by Akinsaya Delamarre -

Hello Peter,

The main purpose behind the Assign roles button was for instructors to assign different presenters and hosts for the meetings.

Any instructor that creates a meeting is given the "host" role automatically.

if a user, who has no adobe connect role clicks on the join meeting button they are given a participant role by default.  Also public meetings be design people to join the meeting as a guest.  Where as a meeting created as a private meeting, will only allow users who have an Adobe connect role for the meeting.

Regarding the group mode, separate groups will create 3 separate meetings and only allow users, who belong to that group, to join the meeting that pertains to the group. Here is some additional information aboug groups mode.  Here is some information about the module

Hope that helps.