Help! Moodle Admin Permissions gone

Help! Moodle Admin Permissions gone

by Bob Neuner -
Number of replies: 6

Help!!! I logged in as administrator this morning, and I have very limited access. It appears as if the "administrator" permissions are all screwed up. No other roll has the capability of changing permissions, so I'm stuck. There are only the "front page" settings in the "Site Administration" menu on the right side of the fromt page.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Neuner

Re: Help! Moodle Admin Permissions gone

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Try this: go to this question and follow the instructions. It might work for you.

EDIT: Btw.. the Help sign..mmmm not a good look. It is assumed that as you have posted a question, you are looking for assistance. Why state the obvious? And always remember, "Things are never that bad they cannot get worse". mmm No, that wans't it.. mmmm "The worse things are going to get is the worst they will get..." mmm no not that one either...  Oh yes, I remember, "technology hates humans." ..cool

SECOND EDIT: no sorry, that wasn't it either... it was "There's a book around, I can't think of what it is called, but it is a wholly remarkable book, mainly because on the front cover is just two words "DON'T PANIC" , yes,,, that is it...wink

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Bob Neuner -

Thanks. I did a complete re-install, but have saved the article incase I hae the problem again.

In reply to Bob Neuner

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

What changes did you make to your Moodle website - or server - before the admin permissions got "all screwed up"?

Did you get hacked? If so, read http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Hacked_site_recovery

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Bob Neuner -

I changed some of the permissions on the "authenticated user" role. I didn't think it would alter the capabilities of the Administrator" role, but I guess it did. I have since done a complete reinstall, but would still like to know if there is a fix incase I "screw up" again.

In reply to Bob Neuner

by marina piras -

I also gone Moodle Admin permissions because I changed the permissions on the student role but not on Administrator role. So I lost my site because I haven't the database... (hosting free) sad !