New Themes - Multilayout and MultiStyled

New Themes - Multilayout and MultiStyled

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am releasing two new themes to the plugins database this evening.

1. Multilayout is a relatively unstyled theme which provides multiple layouts (hence the original name smile) from within the theme itself (one line to be uncommented in the layout.php file). It also has additional block regions above and below the main content for greater flexibility in the layout. Multilayout is intended for use as a parent theme rather than for a production site on its own (in a similar way to Standard/Base).

2. Multistyled is a child theme which uses and extends Multilayout to provide a settings page to control both the layout and basic colour scheme, along with a custom css setting box to fine tune the style of the page to match the site requirements. Note: To use multistyled, multilayout must also be installed.

The GitHub link (here) provides a download which includes both themes together, although they are in the Moodle plugins Database separately.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Richard Oelmann

Re: New Themes - Multilayout and MultiStyled

by John Rop -

Awesome! thanks Richard.

Love and appreciate your work.

Cheers,

John

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

I downloaded these but have not had time to look at them yet! Such is life in the fast lane! LOL

Will let you know when I have tested theme out.

Cheers

Mary

by Vicke Denniston -
Picture of Testers

I am using this theme and really like it, but I have one issue. I need to change the font size of the main course title and the main site Title. They are large enough that they are wrapping, and it doesn't look good.

I am using the 2 col layout with menus on the left.

Thanks

Vicke Denniston

In reply to Vicke Denniston

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Vicke,

Because the header text is actually inside the logo div, you can create more space for the text by adding the highlighted line below (in multstyled_core.css).

#logo {
    background-image: url(setting:pgimage);
    width:80%;
}

To change the font size add the following lines to the same css file and edit the 2.3em to an appropriate size

.headermain {
    font-size2.3em;
}
Richard