I want to run moodle for 150 people...

I want to run moodle for 150 people...

by hadyn ranson -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I know how to use moodle just not set up my own.. so please help me smile!

I want to set up moodle for 150 students, but will grow to a lot larger in the near future, and will need a large space to store files.
the system will need to be safe and secure ( so files can't be tampered with, i will also need to have the system backed up every 4 hours or day or after i change it etc... (if possible),
to do all this will i need two servers?
my knowledge is poor so exactly what i will need would be helpful..
thanks in advance,
whoopi

Average of ratings: -
In reply to hadyn ranson

Re: I want to run moodle for 150 people...

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Your question is too vague to answer. It is the equivalent of "How do I set up and run a moodle site". You can find general answers to that in the documentation

http://docs.moodle.org/20/en/Main_Page

and in these forums. I recommend you download and run a copy of Moodle locally to get a feel for the system and then you will know what specific questions to answer.

Talking about the numbers you will have is premature as performance depends massively on what your users do.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: I want to run moodle for 150 people...

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

The purpose of forums is so that many people can benefit from the exchange of information. Responses need to be public.  If you are running Windows download a moodle package for windows and experiment with it. Web applications are inherently complex to set up, usually requiring a database and a scripting language in the case of Moodle php and (usually) mysql. One of those packages will give you something to experiment with that is NOT even a little bit secure, but it will give you a start.

Alternativly if it is important to you consider a consultant or Moodle partner.