File Picker Problem in Moodle 2

File Picker Problem in Moodle 2

by Samantha Ashton -
Number of replies: 5

Hey,

We have just upgraded from 1.8 to 2.1. Everything seems to have gone ok, but there are two problems that I have noticed.

Firstly some of my images that display on the front news section are really tiny. I have checked the code and the height & width defined are correct, so I am unsure why this has happened (See picture below). This only happens within IE, as they display correctly in firefox.

VLE Problem

Secondly, I tried to make a new news article, with images that I had already uploaded prior to the upgrade.

So I click on the image icon, then "find or upload image", then go to "Server files" and locate the image. Then when I try and press "Select this file", it does nothing. I ran firebug on firefox, and pressed the button and this is the error message that I am recieving:

Firebug Error Message

This is the line it says is wrong:
" var linkexternal = Y.one('#linkexternal-'+client_id).get('checked');"

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Sam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Samantha Ashton

Re: File Picker Problem in Moodle 2

by Samantha Ashton -

Has anyone else had this problem?

We tried re-downloading Moodle 2.1 and replacing the filepicker.js file, and that still doesn't seem to have resolved this issue.

Any help will really be appreciated.

Sam

by Virgil Ashruf -

We're experiencing the same problems. Are there more people experiencing these problems? Maybe it's an idea to open an issue in the tracker for this? I cant find out myself what is wrong with this code.

In reply to Virgil Ashruf

by Mathew Thomas -

I'm having the same exact issue. Did you guys resolve this issue? 

by Michael de Raadt -

Hi, all.

A fix for this issue is being implemented.

Check out http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-32106

In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Jeremy Peckham -

I have a different problem occurring with any browser (Safari, Chrome and Firefox).  I don't think it;s a browser issue.  When uploading files in a calendar event,  files load and display correctly when in editing mode but the file (in my case a jpg) disappears when I save leaving a ? in the space.  The file description however is displayed.  The files remain in the repository as far as I can see (i.e. they are available eleswhere later).

I have tried uploading the same jpegs in a course and works for some files but for a file that uploaded in events but then dissappeared I get "error  - file size cannot be determined".

Any help suggestions welcome!