Shared Variables in Calculated Quiz Questions

Shared Variables in Calculated Quiz Questions

by Justin Steele-Davies -
Number of replies: 6

I have been trying to used the Calculated question type in moodle 2.1 with shared variables in a quiz and the variables seem to be selected per question rather than per quiz instance.

The simple test i am using is to calculate the volume of a cube using the variable {sides}.  then the second question asks how many cubes are needed to store {litres} of water.  in the question text they both say the side of the cube so that you can clearly see if they are the same.

I have selected the existing shared variable sets and all of these questions have been made from scratch.

when the quiz is rendered the values of the wild cards are clearly different.  I will follow up with some images if they are needed but the power to the VMserver is out due to maintance at the moment.

I know this topic has been covered before but i cannot see anything for moodle 2.1.  I am sorry if this should be with a specific ticket.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Steele-Davies

Re: Shared Variables in Calculated Quiz Questions

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is supposed to work, and I thought I tested this while beta-testing Moodle 2.1, but perhaps I screwed up. Sadly, something has just gone wrong with my development install, so I can't investigate now.

In reply to Justin Steele-Davies

by Pierre Pichet -
I tested on moodle demo.
Seems to be a real bug.
Will do more tests and set a bug in the tracker.
Pierre
In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Pierre Pichet -
Tim,
This is related to the synchronization concept.
I will set a new bug tomorrow and try to pinpoint how to solve the 2,1 problem.
Pierre

by Pierre Pichet -
I think I have trace back the problem.
Will set the bug later
Pierre

by Pierre Pichet -

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators

I voted for this bug. For us it's an unfortunate and sad regression from 2.0, because we have already developed some quizzes taking advantage of synchronization: They're lab assignments, in which we give students random electronic component values in one question at the beggining, and all subsequent questions rely on these values being the same along the quiz.

If this bug does not get resolved before september, we'll have to return to 2.0, so please, please... cool