Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

by Hiroshi Fukuda -
Number of replies: 4

Dear the Great Moodle Village

Thanks to the help of the Moodle devotees, we (at Kitasato University in Japan) have completed the Japanese translation of the Questionnaire. We sincerely hope that a lot of people will find it useful. Japanese is so unique a language and we have had some hard time deciding whether we should be strictly true to the English version or make our version sound as natural as possible in Japanese. We believe we managed to strike a good balance between the two.

We know Moodle keeps evolving and this translation can be outdated sooner than we might wish but then we are happy to stream along.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Hiroshi Fukuda

Re: Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Many thanks for your help. I have committed your translation to the Questionnaire for Moodle 1.9 repository.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

for 1.8 Re: Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

by Hiroshi Fukuda -

Dear Moodle community:

We (Moodle users at Kitasato University in Japan) have now finished the Japanese translation for the Moodle “1.8” Questionnaire. We sincerely hope this will be of some help to the 1.8 users.

We intend to work on other versions, too!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Re: for 1.8 Re: Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thank you, Hiroshi Fukuda,

but Moodle 1.8 is a really very old version of Moodle and Questionnaire is no longer maintained for 1.8. It would be very useful if you could provide a Japanese translation for Questionnaire for Moodle 1.9 and 2.0.

Joseph

Re: for 1.8 Re: Japanese questionnaire translation of strings and help

by Hiroshi Fukuda -

In any way, I missed the directory name. ja_uft8 was wrong. I attach the correct zip file here.