yui_combo.php NOT FOUND

yui_combo.php NOT FOUND

by Ian Wright -
Number of replies: 5

I have a problem with a crippled Moodle 2.0.3+ (Build: 20110623) and 2.1 (Build: 20110701) installations on Windows Server 2008 (x64) and IIS7, with php 5.3.6 and MySQL 5.5.

• Problem first identified when attempting to create a SCORM course, when the setup page showed everthing except the repository file selector.  The installation(s) and functionality looked good up to that point.smile
  • Then it was noticed that many administrative menu items didn't function (e.g. >Site Administration did not open out with a mouse click, but many menu items did).
  • Then it was found, using Firebug tracing, that yui_combo.php was reported as File Not Found (404 error)

yui_combo.php File Not Found

It is confirmed that yui_combo.php exists, in the moodle/theme folder, and both the users group and the anonymous web site user have read & execute permissions on this file.

Moodle 2.1 has been installed and reinstalled twice, and then 2.0.3 (the latest previous stable version) installed.  The administrator menu partial functionality behaviour was consistent with all installations.

The web site configuration has been compared as far as possible with a local IIS7 test site running under Vista (which performs faultlesly), and no significant difference has been spotted.

It is not known (by me) whether the 404 errors accounts for the partial loss of administrator menu functionality, or both are caused by another error which I have yet to discover.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -

Re: yui_combo.php NOT FOUND

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you changed any settings in Admin setting page. There is a setting to use YUI Library but this by default is off. If you have changed this or other similar settings this could be what's triggereing the YUI Combo.

HTH

Mary

by Ian Wright -

Thank you, Mary - but no, that's not the problem.

First off, I can't even open the Administration options from the menu (which I suspect is a symptom of missing YUI libraries). 

But I got there by searching for 'YUI', and yes, the 'YUI combo loading' option is selected on (default). For interest I turned 'Use online YUI libraries' on, even though that wouldn't fix the 404 problem, but that made no difference.  So maybe the root cause is a bit deeper and results in both 404 errors and the menu malfunction?

And then, from a software point of view, I'd hope that selecting an option on or off wouldn't determine whether a file could be found or not - just whether the option is used or not.

But looking down this track I've learnt a bit more about the workings of Moodle and YUI...

TA.

by Ian Wright -

Further to the above, I now find that yui_combo.php generates a 404 error by design if the parameter(s) following the '?' in the calling URI is empty.  So the search for what and why this happens goes on...

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ian,

It may be worth your while to create a Moodle Tracker issue with this problem, and relate it to SCORM. Make the bug type BLOCKER and with luck Dan Marsden may be able to help you before he clears off on holiday!

It seems pretty strange that everything was working OK and now isn't after setting up a SCORM course. I know Dan has been doing quite a bit of work with SCORM recently, so may be related to that. Javascript perhaps...who knows.

Have you tried just creating a new database and link your Moodle to it and restart the install by renaming config.php config-old.php At least then you would find out if your version of Moodle has been corrupted or not.

Mary