Moodle documentation: Tasks for Teachers- handout for introducing teachers to Moodle basics

Moodle documentation: Tasks for Teachers- handout for introducing teachers to Moodle basics

by Mark Stevens -
Number of replies: 4
Dear All,

I've put together a 15 page handout of step-by-step instructions/screen-shots for teaching teachers the following basic Moodle functions:

Index of Tasks  (Moodle 1.4+)

Page

Task #

Function

1 & 2

Login

Enter course

Turn editing on

5-9

Chat: Add and choose settings

10-11

Move activity

3-4

12-15

Journal: Add and choose settings

Participants

17-20

Profile: View and edit

4-5

21-23

Password: change

Settings: Course settings

25-26

Settings: Topics format

5-6

27-29

Choice: Add choice

30-33

Assignment: Add assignment

7-8

34-43

Forum: Add forum & forum settings

9-10

44-51

Glossary: Add glossary & glossary settings

10-12

52-62

Resource: Add resource and settings

13-14

63-68

Calendar: Add calendar and event

14-15

69-76

Backup: Create & download backup

Logout

It's 2.4 mb and can be found at:  http://moodle.snevets.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=490

I've used it three times with about 20 teachers and it's around two hours worth of tasks.  Let me know if you have any problems with it.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Stevens

Re: Moodle documentation: Tasks for Teachers- handout for introducing teachers to Moodle basics

by D.I. von Briesen -

Mark-

per our email, I'll be doing a 3.5 hour workshop this Thursday for NCCIA (NC Computer Instructor's Association). I tend to steer away from printing wherever possible, and don't even know how many are attending. Have you offered this workshop with docs online only, or do you always "hand-out"?

One way or the other, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm rooting to have this added as a resource here on moodle's doc project.

d.i.

In reply to D.I. von Briesen

Re: Moodle documentation: Tasks for Teachers- handout for introducing teachers to Moodle basics

by Mark Stevens -
d.i.,

Congrats on your workshop.  Let us know how things go.  I hate to print out too, but I think it's easier for the participants to be able to have it off-screen.  So many confusing things on the screen... asking them to flip between applications might be a bit much.  If you have a 30" cinema display, then don't print smile

1.5 will make this document redundant smile but thanks for appreciating it smile

Good luck!  --Mark
In reply to Mark Stevens

by D.I. von Briesen -

Could you elaborate on how 1.5 would make it redundant? I know we're talking some nicer doc support... but wouldn't you still want handouts?

d.i.

In reply to D.I. von Briesen

by Mark Stevens -
I meant it would make my particular document redundant due to changes in features.  I shouldn't say redundant because I don't imagine the login screen-shot changing smile  However, we should have the latest screen-shots even if only one check-box has been added.