New install - Missing icons.

New install - Missing icons.

by Jeff Cabralda -
Number of replies: 2
Hi all, Brand new installation on liquidweb.com. 2.0.3+ The icons are missing. I already tried to delete and re-install. Any thoughts? Thanks Jeff
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Cabralda

Re: New install - Missing icons.

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

mm the icons are present in the theme and pix folders? And not showing. How did you install? Using CPanel or similar? Is it possible that the folder structure has not had permissions set appropriately? Has there been some sort of security setting inside liquidweb.com that has interfered with the installer? Have you checked the server error logs? You may want to think about setting the error logs in the config.php file with:

$cfg->log_dbg_targets     = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_info_targets    = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_warn_targets    = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;
$cfg->log_environ_targets = LOG_TARGET_SCREEN | LOG_TARGET_ERRORLOG;

That should get you some information which you should be able to access. But, be careful here, I do not know your setup and your host may have other arrangements, and this may not work, or it may annoy them if they do not want you to be looking that far into their system. So it may be politic just to confirm that you can run these commands - or perhaps ask if they have something else for you. They may have already given you access to errorlogs for your site, so it may pay you to check the documentation you have.

EDIT: I saved this and ran directly into this thread:

http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176747

So I am thinking that maybe there has been an error in that build. Perhaps you want to wait a day or tweo and download a later build, that may be a better option again. If someone turned something off, then forgot to turn it back on, then it would explain why there is a rash of these.  My latest install is Moodle 2.0.3+ (Build: 20110616) and I am having no problems with it at all.