Trying to develop Multi-Lang within theme settings pages

Trying to develop Multi-Lang within theme settings pages

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Hope someone can put me on the right track. With Moodle 2.1 on line for release on the 1st July, I was hoping to try and develop a way to get Multi-Lang Filter to work in the CORE theme setting's pages.

As a Moodle theme designer, and also moderator of the Themes Forum here at Moodle.org, I keep getting asked for request to add multi-lang filter capabilities into the Custom Manu. This seems to be easier said than done. Also now we have a plethora of settings pages for nearly every CORE theme in Moodle2.0.3 and probably more to come in Moodle 2.1...so why not a language setting page too?  Come on...there MUST be someone out there who knows how to do this.

Thanks for listening.

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Trying to develop Multi-Lang within theme settings pages

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary, this has been reported as MDL-27073 and I just submitted a patch for this. If the integration process goes well, the feature will be available in 2.0.4 and 2.1 releases. See the example of usage in the issue comments.

Thanks for raising this.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Marco Michelini -

Hi,
do you think that is possible to use the visible dropdown menu in the configuration page of every resource, course, block etc. for a multilanguage resource?
Now, in this menu there are only 2 choices: hide and show.
I would also other choices, one per language, like this:

hide
show
show en
show it

where:

hide: always hide the resource for all language
show: always show the resource for all language
show en: show the resource only for English language and hide for others
show it: show the resource only for Italian language and hide for others

and so on for other languages installed in the system.
I think that this feature will be very useful.
Thank you very much for your attention.
Marco Michelini

In reply to David Mudrák

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Thanks for this David, I look forward to seeing this in action.

Mary

In reply to David Mudrák

by Mary Evans -

Hi David,

I've just implemented the 1st of your options and got it to work! It's so easy...why has it not been done before?

I'll add my findings to the tracker as I think you may need to slightly modifiy the users guide to adding the actual text to the settings page.

Many thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Fouzi Sukhilala -

Hi,

Sure it is an old thread. but I cannot get the multilang working for my custom menu that uses French and Arabic. What I got is one menu shouwing both langueges. Of couse I have the multilang filter enabled, and both languages packs installed.

Here the sytax I used for the menu:

<span lang="fr" class="multilang">
Site Web|http://www.somedomain.com|Site Web
Intranet|http://intranet|Intranet
</span>
<span lang="ar" class="multilang">
موقع|http://www.somedomain.com|موقع
انترانت|http://intranet|انترانت
</span>

In reply to Fouzi Sukhilala

by Scott Gale -

Our tag looks like this, not sure if order matters.

<span class="multilang" lang="en">

All my best

In reply to Scott Gale

by Fouzi Sukhilala -

Hi, Thank your for the proposition But the order does not really matters.

I still got the problem, I 'am using Moodle 2.0.6.