[Theme] Discuss!

[Theme] Discuss!

by Danny Wahl -
Number of replies: 10

This is my first full M2 theme, it's pretty robust and works without any errors that I've been able to find - but since it's my first theme there might likely be some problems.

This theme is fairly heavy on the CSS3 - I tried to include fallbacks for older browsers, but no promises.  Tested in FF3, 4, Opera 10, 11, Safari 5, and Chrome 8, 9, 10.  I still don't have a good windows machine, sad so sorry no specific IE love.

Download it here (github) for the latest version, or in the themes directory.

Please let me know if you have any problems and I will try my best to fix them.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danny Wahl

Re: [Theme] Discuss!

by Nyree Williams -

Very nice theme,

Custom dropdown menu items are all squashed together - no spaces betweeb each item

can I use my own logo?

In reply to Nyree Williams

by Danny Wahl -

I didn't theme the custommenu at all, you would have to add the css for that - I recommend looking at the decaf theme.

This theme doesn't use a logo by default, just the page heading, but you could include a logo instead by editing the layout php files.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Art Lader -

Hi, Daniel,

Thank you for the "Discuss" theme.

I have been poking around the CSS but cannot find where to tweak the padding of course names on the front page.

Could you point please me in the right direction?

Regards,
Art

Attachment whereisthecssforthis.png
In reply to Art Lader

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Art,

A good start is to use a tool such as firebug for FireFox to identify the css for an item. this will also tell you where the css rule comes from.

If that is in the theme, you can edit the rule where it points you to. If the rule comes from a parent theme or from moodle core somewhere you are safe to add the rule to one of the css files in the theme and it will overwrite the rule inherited from wherever else.

HTH

Richard

In reply to Art Lader

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi

Trying to style this course title is one of the more difficult ones to do. But you might lik to try this...

#page-site-index .path-site .coursebox h3.name { padding-left: 10px;}

No guarantee with this fix...but it might work! LOL

Mary

In reply to Art Lader

by Danny Wahl -

try:

#page-site-index #region-main .coursebox { padding-left: 15px;}

or whatever value you want.

In reply to Danny Wahl

Hola

by Mayra Alejandra Tabares Giraldo -

Soy de Colombia.... y no se mucho ingles.... lo siento... tengo un problema con el theme zebra.... es que en un IE de versiones antiguas como 7 o 8 se ve mal los bloques se descuadran.... en la imagen de abajo en la parte izquierda deberia de verse asi el tema.. y en la parte derecha es que sale con el problema... espero que me pueda colaborar se los agradeceria mucho

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Thursday, 30 June 2011, 09:39 PM)

He editado la fotos que era demasiado grande para la página y no es fácil de ver.

In reply to Mayra Alejandra Tabares Giraldo

Re: Hola

by Domingo Rosas -

Hola Mayra!!

Yo tengo poco tiempo trabajando con Moodle, pero en algun momento me paso algo similar trabajando con el template de Splash.

Lo que paso es que meti una tabla indicandole un ancho que rebasaba la medida de ancho del DIV principal.

Te sugiero que revises los anchos ya sea de fotos o tablas que hayas insertado, tal vez sea algo relasionado...

Saludos desde Guadalajara Mexico!

Domingo Rosas
La Casa de Ideas - Guadalajara, México
www.lacasadeideas.com

by Timothy Kaemmerer -

Hola Mayra,

Voy a traducir tu problema por los demas. Tambien, te sugiero que escribes en un nuevo asunto aqui en este foro o en el foro en español. Es porque este asunto es de un otro theme (se llama "Discuss").

Tambien, cuales versiones del theme y de Moodle usas? Necesitamos esa informacion para que podemos ayudarte mas. Las dos versiones de Zebra ya no estan probados en IE. La version mas nueva de Zebra no puede estar usado en IE porque usa mucho CSS3.

Oh! Saludos de Mexico!

Traduccion:

I'm translating Mayra's message earlier for you guys that don't speak Spanish.

"I am from Columbia...and I don't know much english... sorry... I have a problem with the Zebra Theme... it's that in older versions of IE like 7 or 8, the blocks look bad... in the image below, the left part is what it should look like... and the right part is what happens with the problem... I hope that you can collaborate with me. I appreciate you guys a bunch."

I informed her in the first part that she will get better response posting a separate topic about the problem either here in the themes forum or in the Spanish moodle forums. I also told her that both versions of the theme she is asking about (Zebra) aren't tested in IE (at least, that's what the discussion page says). The newest one uses CSS3, and so would be difficult to use in older version of IE anyways.

Edit: added info on IE

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hola Myra puede enviar un enlace a la URL de tu sitio para que pueda ver este problema para mí?

muchas gracias

Mary