Changing scoid in scorm.scoes.track, grades not set in grade.grades

Changing scoid in scorm.scoes.track, grades not set in grade.grades

by Daniel Blander -
Number of replies: 3

Using Moodle 1.9.11 (Build: 20110221) - only modification is use of max_enrolment plugin.  One course, quiz included.

It is possible that the tables for this instance were built under 1.9.4, but don't have records if this was the case.  This db contains moodle instances using multiple tables with different prefixes in the database.

We are having intermittent problems with students who take and complete the course, but quiz grades are not appearing in Grader report.

Looked at the database and found that the student's activity was all logged in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table and showed that the student took the quiz, answered the questions correctly (answers appear in the table), the course was passed, and the cmi.core.score.raw is shown correctly.  The only thing that is odd, is for these students, the SCOID column in the database does not match any SCOID's in the mdl_scorm_scoes database.  The mdl_scorm_scoes_track has an initial entry (always just two rows in the table with an earlier date) that shows the correct scoid, but then the scoid and date changes, and shows a different scoid.  The numbers are random, so there is no pattern to it.  I look at the mdl_grade_grades database and it still shows the course incomplete, but has changed the grade to 0.

There are students who have their grade show up correctly, and the scoid in the mdl_scorm_scoes_track table are correct.  Their grades in mdl_grade_grades show up correctly.

I'm of the opinion that it has something to do with the scoid handling in Moodle, but I don't have the wherewithall to dig in that deep.  I've turned on trace and it shows the SCORM content working properly, and the table is showing that as well.

Any ideas what this might be, what I should look for?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniel Blander

Re: Changing scoid in scorm.scoes.track, grades not set in grade.grades

by Javier Hernández Sánchez -
I have the same problem. Using Moodle 1.9.10+. When several students SCO launched the same SCO is not recorded properly. the track record is properly recorded in the table, but the ID that identifies this SCO were incorrect.
In reply to Daniel Blander

by Bas Brands -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers

We have the same problem on Moodle 1.9.9. The database has the correct values stored using a scoid that is not in the mdl_scorm_scoes table. See screenshot.

Has anybody been able to fix this. I have tried searching the tracker but have not found any related issues yet.

Attachment scorm-scoes-track.jpg
In reply to Bas Brands

by Michiel Boerman -

I've found the (well, at least one) cause of all this and created an issue in the tracker:MDL-31611.

Quick workaround: Go to the settings page for the scorm activity and set Auto-update-frequency (advanced settings) to Never or Every day. Not ervery time it's used.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)