Problem with embedded Flash Player

Problem with embedded Flash Player

by Mike Walters -
Number of replies: 7

I have now been banging my head on this one for two days and cannot figure it out...

I was setting up a demo of a MCQ question with audio embedded using the built in mp3 player.  HTML is identical to that I have used on countless quizes before (just a link to the file without any text in it, as per the usual method).

However, when I display the question I get a working player and the word "MP3 Audio" as a download link before it.  Even if I leave in the link text for the file it still displays the MP3 Audio link, player and not the text I input.

quiz screenshot

I have tried to recreate the problem on three different moodle sites (1.9) and a moodle 2 site with no luck.  The only difference I can tell is that the problem site is a moodle 1.9.11 installation.

Ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Walters

Re: Problem with embedded Flash Player

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There was a security fix recently that had this unpleasant side-effect. I'm afraid I can't remember what, if anything, has been done about it.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mike Walters -

I thought it might be something like that.  At least I know I am not going mad smile

This instance was only a demo/development site anyway so I might try rolling back a couple of version to see what happens.

Thanks

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Eric Hagley -

Sorry to bother you but is there any way around this? I'm using 1.9.11 and would like to get rid of this "unpleasant side-effect" if possible.

Kind regards,

Eric

In reply to Eric Hagley

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The problem seems to be MDL-25646. I am not sure what, if anything is happening.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Tim Hunt -

Actually the action seems to be in MDL-26605.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Eric Hagley -

From this link then, would you suggest we follow Kien's suggestion?

"Hi,

After looking to this issue, I have found the temporarily way to fix this.

Open the file : [moodle root]/filter/mediaplugin/filter.php

In function mediaplugin_filter_mp3_callback($link), find this line:

$printlink = '<a href="'.$url.'">'.get_string('mp3audio', 'mediaplugin').'</a>';

comment it and replace by this line:

$printlink=$link[0];

Do the similar steps for other functions mediaplugin_filter_othertype_callback($link). if they have the same issue.

Hope this can be fixed in next release version of Moodle 1.9

Cheers,
Kien"

Kind regards,
Eric

In reply to Eric Hagley

by Eric Hagley -

I have just updated to the latest 1.9 but the problem still exists. Is the "hack" mentioned earlier the only way around this?

Thanks in advance!

Eric