Urgent help!! Some quiz answers are not saved!

Urgent help!! Some quiz answers are not saved!

by Orestes Mas -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Translators

Hello,

Using Moodle 2.0.2+

My students are now in the middle of a quiz, and early responders have detected a major problem: One of the questions doesn't save the answers (no problem with the others). And I've had no problems with other cloze questions in other quizzes.

The problematic question has not any particular characteristic: It's a cloze question, with 3 numerical subquestions. I've tried many things: exporting the problematic questions and importing them into another category, creating another new fresh question with the same text... always with the same result: answers are not saved.

I attach the question text inline, for testing purposes, and also attach a file with the HTML code:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Es té el circuit de la figura, amb els següents valors de les variables:

Circuit

R=270 Ω, L= 18 mH, R1=200 Ω , R2=4.3 kΩ i Vsat=Vcc=15V

Es demana que calculeu els valors següents:

a) Valor de la resposta en règim permanent a una excitació vg(t) = 0,1·u(t): {1:NUMERICAL:=-2.150000:0.1075000} V

b) Durada del règim transitori, en segons: {2:NUMERICAL:=0.000783:3.916667E-5} s

c) Valor de la resposta vo(t) en t=1.305e-04 seg. quan l'excitació és vg(t)=sin(40105.44·t)·u(t): {2:NUMERICAL:=0.669019:0.03345097} V

----------------------------------------------------------------

I've found a similar bug in the tracker (MDL-6059), but it's from 2006, and was closed as unreproducible, so it's not of much help.

Please, can anyone test it into a blank quiz in order to see if the bug is reproducible?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Orestes Mas

Re: Urgent help!! Some quiz answers are not saved!

by Pierre Pichet -

Could be related to http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=172170.

and to MDL-26714 ?

Pierre

P.S. Did not reproduce on moodle demo which is older (200110223).

Just found that 2,1 alpha has ben created so I have to change my set-up. so more news tomorrow.

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators

I can confirm that commenting out the "compare_responses" function solves the problem (but I don't know if this has any worse side effects)

In reply to Orestes Mas

by Pierre Pichet -

Could you describe what you see when you do the quiz ( as student) and answer or not to each individual question.

Could be better if you create a new quiz with this question and another "working well" cloze question with a numerical.

Thanks

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Orestes Mas -
Picture of Translators

i cannot do it now. I'll do later.

In reply to Orestes Mas

by Pierre Pichet -

I reopen bug MDL-26714

Numerical cloze does not respond correctly i.e. the response is not seen as answered if it is the only one that is answered.

Pierre