1.9 -> 2.0: This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry.

1.9 -> 2.0: This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry.

by Brian Bennett -
Number of replies: 3

We have successfully completed a Moodle 2.0 install/upgrade from our 1.9 instance. Yay!!!

However, we are encountering one problem that must be resolved. 

In all our 1.9 based courses we used many Resource Types of “link to a file or website” to point to various training videos hosted on our intranet.

After the upgrade:

• each course now shows a red X as the icon next to the resource/link.
  • when we click on the link, the following message is displayed: "This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry."
  • when we try to edit the resource the following message is displayed: "This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry."

We have performed the upgrade 4 times in an attempt to resolve this one issue. By all other accounts, the upgrade process seems to have been successful.

Any idea why the Resource Types “link to a file or website” is not being converted/migrated into the new 2.0 URL based Resource Type?

Old Version: Moodle 1.9.7 (Build: 20091126)

New Version: Moodle 2.0.2+ (Build: 20110316)

Thank you in advance for an insight you can provide.

-Brian

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Brian Bennett

Re: 1.9 -> 2.0: This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry.

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Brian,

I tried searching moodle.org for the phrase "This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry." and came up with a mention of it in a tracker issue - MDL-26580. If you think the issue applies to your situation, please add a comment; if not, please create a new issue. (You'll need a tracker account in order to comment or create a new issue.)

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Brian, what environment are you running Moodle on? OS, database, web server?

I spent some long hours with that horrible "not yet migrated" problem and it seems that it was because the upgrade to Moodle 2 was silently crashing - it seemed to have completed (Moodle didn't display any error messages during the upgrade), but after I enabled PHP error logging I saw messages in the error log about timeouts. When I overcame those timeouts the upgrade was successful.

Also, first upgrade your site from 1.9.7 to 1.9.11. Then try upgrading the 1.9.11 site to 2.0. You might have better luck. And have a look at the solutions listed in the tracker issue that Helen linked to. Making the change described therein might solve your problem.

Also, do you have a specific need to upgrade to Moodle 2 at this stage? Ask yourself why you want to upgrade now and then decide if it would be wiser to wait until Moodle 2 is a bit more stable.

by Stefan Nychka -

Hi.

For what it's worth, I get a similar problem.  I don't think either is related to the referenced tracker issue, though.

We did an upgrade (took the 1.9 db and dataroot and put it onto the new server, did an admin/replace.php, then in essence made 2.0.2 point to that db and that dataroot).

For all link to a file or website resources from 1.9, we get a question mark (at the course page), and when we click on the link, we get a "Sorry, the requested file could not be found".  Oh, in 2.0.2 they've been converted, it seems, to the File resource, and the original 1.9 link to a file or website resources linked to files in the old Files area.

Further on 2.0.2, the Legacy course files area does contain the proper files, and the Files resources contain the proper file, in essence a reference to the File Picker's Server files area, but they're not showing up because that file hasn't been selected as the main file (i.e., Set main file needs to be chosen, and then these Files "work").

I'm not currently and likely won't be creating a tracker issue, as it seems few others have this problem, I don't have the time currently, and it'll likely be a moot point soon in future versions of Moodle.  That's a pretty poor set of excuses on my part, so I may later create a tracker issue with a better description, or at least descriptive screen shots.

Cheers