YUI Logger settings in Moodle 2.0?

YUI Logger settings in Moodle 2.0?

by Frank Ralf -
Number of replies: 3
The YUI Logger swamps my Firebug console with tons of messages (from theme/yui_combo.php?3.2.0/build/yui/yui-log-debug.js&3.2.0/build/dump/dump-debug.js) so it becomes nearly useless for any other purpose (FirePHP plugin).

Is there a way to deactivate or limit the logging? AFAIK the usual debugging settings only pertain to PHP messages but not JavaScript/AJAX debugging.

Cheers,
Frank

PS:
Don't know whether this is in any way related to MDL-26928.
A related issue seems to be On Moodle 2.0 - disabling stack traces to webbrowser?.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frank Ralf

Re: YUI Logger settings in Moodle 2.0?

by Frank Ralf -
I now applied a brute force approach by deactivating "\lib\yui\3.2.0\build\yui\yui-log-debug.js". However, a release for production use shouldn't reveal so much of it's inner workings by default IMO.
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

YUI debugging is tied to Moodle's Debugging == DEVELOPER. Do you run your production site in developer debug mode?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Frank Ralf -
Thanks for the hint, Tim. I had been looking at the JavaScript settings for the YUI settings... And no, it's my local development machine wink

However, wouldn't it be nice to be able to set different debugging levels for PHP and JavaScript? And what has become of the YUI logger pop-up from Moodle 1.9?

Cheers,
Frank