Big size of mdl_log table

Big size of mdl_log table

by Giovanni Cucci -
Number of replies: 4
My mdl_log table has a size of 46 Mb. I tried to set loglifetime to 30 days but I verified that there are still records oldier than 90 days.
Could you help me?
Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Giovanni Cucci

Re: Big size of mdl_log table

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
If your cron task is running properly then it should be deleting records older than loglifetime ...
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Giovanni Cucci -
Right! In effects I chose do not use cron task, because some users prefer do not receive any forum post into their mail box.
I will provide to delete the records manually.
Thank you very much Martin for your fast help.

In reply to Giovanni Cucci

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There are other ways to prevent forum posts (each user has that control in their profile)

I would really advise you do run cron because it does a lot of things in Moodle.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Giovanni Cucci -

An hide user who choose (into his profile) do not receive any post, will receive post of forum news where the subscription is forced?

Excuse my bad english.