New plugin: ConfigTabs Moodle 1.9

New plugin: ConfigTabs Moodle 1.9

by Juan Leyva -
Number of replies: 13
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

ConfigTabs is a local plugin that converts any configuration form in Moodle from a scrolled page to a tab view page.

Each section is converted to a tab.

Only for Moodle 1.9, this is a first release waiting for your feedback

See: http://docs.moodle.org/en/ConfigTabs_plugin for installation instructions

Download: https://github.com/jleyva/moodle-local_configtabs/zipball/MOODLE_19_STABLE

800px-Configtabssample.png
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Juan Leyva

Re: New plugin: ConfigTabs Moodle 1.9

by Paullo Abreu -
Dear Juan, Thanks for the module. It improves my users' Moodle experience to a great extent. One thing, though: I'm using the Ardvark pro theme and the tabs are really narrow, cutting the text and making it difficult for people to identify them. Is that due to the theme or the mod. If it is the mod, how can I configure that? Thank you very much!!
In reply to Paullo Abreu

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Paullo

The mod uses the tab styles of your current theme

It may happen that it doesn't fix very well with the way the tabs are created

You need to edit the CSS files of your theme to fix the design problems you need CSS skills

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by John Anderson -

Nice, thank you. I thought there was a course format that does the same thing? How is this plugin different?

In reply to John Anderson

by Juan Leyva -

Hi John,

the course format is for converting the section topics to tabs, this plugin is for converting configuration forms to tabs

Regards

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Uwe Klemm -

Hi, firstly: thanks a lot for the plugin. Very promising, would enhance usability for course creators a lot. We tried it out and encountered some problems: Tabs are shown (though our theme didn't display them quite properly), but the complete form was visible nonetheless. Clicking tabs didn't do anything. We tried it out with several themes, Chameleon (which you obviously used for your screenshots) among them. Same problem...

Any idea where we could look for reasons for this behaviour?

Thanks,

Uwe

In reply to Uwe Klemm

by Juan Leyva -

Hi Uwe,

Which version of Moodle are you using?

Regards
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Hi Juan,

in my 1.9.9 working well; only tabs do not appear entirely accurate.

Just testing it in chameleon theme: it´s only my theme cornflower problem, in chameleon tabs are ok.

Tab 'General' editor is not writable - in both tested themes; all other fields are writable.

Regards,

Joachim

Attachment Config_Tabs.jpg
In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Juan Leyva -
Thanks Joachim for reporting this bug, it`s a big one and not easy to solve, I'll keep you posted
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Juan Leyva -

Hi again,

I have fixed the bugs mentioned in previous posts:

HTMLEditor not working

CSS / tab styles visualization problems

Problems with I.E, etc...

For upgradint, just replace the old files with the new ones

Download link: https://github.com/jleyva/moodle-local_configtabs/zipball/MOODLE_19_STABLE
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

Hi Juan,

after an initial review: you did it, it works.

Thanks & regards

Joachim

In reply to Joachim Vogelgesang

by Joachim Vogelgesang -

In tabs with subtabs (e.g. module Webquestscorm) initially editor briefly is shown in tabs and afterwords in subtabs (like a lightning) before dissapearing entirely.

Can you comprehend and confirm this?

Attachment Webquestscorm.jpg
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Lei Zhang -

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your plugin, hope this can merge into Moodle core in the future (martin<----Martin, Can you hear me:P)

I found a tiny bug to stop show/hide advanced button working in administration setttings. In line 103 of configtab.js, docForms should use variable button.form instead variable f.

Lei

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Osvaldo Canato -
Hi Juan, I really appreciate your module and everything works fine in Moodle 1.9.10+, Aardvark_Liteheaded Theme (www.fisicaemrede.com), except for the front page sumary editing. When I try to edit it, the editing window doesn't appear. If I disable ConfigTabs, it returns and I can proced normally to editing. Any help? Thanks in advance!