Solution Module

Solution Module

by Eduardo Monteiro -
Number of replies: 2
Hello Moodlers,
I just finished this "Solution Module" after a request from one of our professors.
It is basically a web page composer, but with restricted guest access.

This way, if you want to open up the course and allow guest access, you can still post solutions to assignments and tests and make sure only the enrolled students will be able to access it.

This is a very basic version, but it is enough to do what it's supposed to. feel free to modify, contribute, submit it to CVS, do whatever you want with it.
Maybe someone out there will benefit from it, so... knock yourself out.

I really can't spend any more time on this module right now... mixed

Well, Have fun, and thanks for this wonderful software!

Eduardo.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Eduardo Monteiro

Re: Solution Module

by Robert Dickey -

Our system administrator can't get this to work... installs according to the simple instructions (place everything in one location?) but nothing displays anywhere.  Help?  I really, really want to use this function during this semester (which started last week) and keep the class open to guests, if I can't get it going by March 17 will have to close the course to guests...

Rob

In reply to Robert Dickey

Re: Solution Module

by Jan Dierckx -
Copy the directory solution to moodle/mod/solution
Then take the file lang/en/solution.php and copy it to the directory moodle/lang/en inside your moodle.

After copying the directories, you should visit the admin page of your moodle (something like /moodle/admin)
You should see some messages about the database being updated.
Afterwards the module should show up in the dropdown box 'add activity'
Tell us if this doesn't work.

As far as I am concerned, I think the option to show a resource only to registered students, should be part of the regular resource module.
I think an extra checkbox (Do not show this resource to guests) could do the trick. Is this ok?