How to attach a PDF in grading feedback?

How to attach a PDF in grading feedback?

by Chris Beetow -
Number of replies: 6

I want to attach a PDF file for my students to download using their gradebook. Is there a way to attack documents? I don't see anything that resemebles an attachment button mixed

Thanks for the help.

I'm sure I am missing something so basic.

In reply to Chris Beetow

Re: How to attach a PDF in grading feedback?

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Chris,
You want to provide individual private files to them, correct?
One can use advanced uploading of file assignment to do that, but gradebook can also be utilized smile

Go to the Grades > grader report. Click Turn Editing on, click Edit icon near individual grade for individual student. This will give you an option to enter individual Feedback. That area will have the WYSIWYG editor. You can use it to link to the pdf file. Screenshot:

Attachment 01Scr Feb. 14 09.19.jpg
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Chris Beetow -

Thanks for the reply Elana. For some reason I don't have the attach option for files. The link icon will only allow me to link to a URL and not attach a file/upload. Even if I try to insert an image using the picture icon, it still only lets me direct to a URL. I am using a mac, so perhaps that is an issue, I'm not sure.

In reply to Chris Beetow

by Elena Ivanova -

hmm... so, once you click Link icon, you do not see the Browse button in the pop-up window?

p.s. If you are a teacher, you should be able to do that. The capability is called Manage files moodle/course:managefiles. May be you can check what it is set for?

Attachment 05Scr Feb. 14 11.00.jpg

by Chris Beetow -

Ok mystery solved. Apparently the only way the attach file option comes up, at least on how our moodle is set up, is if the assignment is made using the "advanced upload" choice. Offline activity, single file upload options don't have this at all. Figures the one thing I don't try is the one that works mixed. Ahh moodle.

In reply to Chris Beetow

by Kenny Acock -

What is the "advanced upload" choice?... I haven't been able to find any such beast. I would like to be able to add a pdf file to feedback, but cannot get the "manage files" button to appear on the toolbar? It is set up in both the TinyMCE editor and in the ATTO editor, but does not show up for either.

by Kevin Hunt -

Hi Elena

I found your answer to the query very useful and I have uploaded a file as you describe. The only thing is - student can't see it !

Logging in as Administrator allows the comment to be viewed when hovering over the students in the gradebook but it doesn't seem to give an option to view the file there either.

Any suggestions or further help ?

Thanks