Irene-Button-Campaign-2005

Irene-Button-Campaign-2005

by Don Hinkelman -
Number of replies: 14
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Just a few weeks ago, I met Hideto Harashima and Martin Dougiamas in Singapore at the Pacific Computer-assisted Language Learning conference. Hideto was wearing this cool button and we got talking about fund-raising for Moodle. Hideto said his daughter, Irene, loves to make buttons like this one--"I support Moodle"--and has a little button-making machine. So we all decided to make this button a little present for anyone donating $50 or more to moodle.org this year. Irene will send you a thank-you letter along with a button she makes. How does that sound? cool

Moodle.org has already received 8 donations during the Xmas season and we hope for lots more this month and the coming months. Everyone I know is generously donating now towards the tsunami-relief funds and I hope we can include moodle in our gift giving as well. Be sure to write your "shipping address" when you go to the Paypal form, so Irene knows where to send the button. smile

Remember, with your gift of $50 comes unlimited free downloads of Moodle. And, as always, if you don't give anything, you can also receive unlimited free downloads of Moodle. Cheers for Irene and Moodle! big grin

Don Hinkelman (Melbourne, Australia)
Hideto Harashima (Maebashi, Japan)
Attachment moodlebadge2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Don Hinkelman

Re: Irene-Button-Campaign-2005

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Congratulations, Moodlers!   $954 raised in January.

Thanks to the following 20 donors for their generosity this past month.
  • Minoru Akiyama
  • John Rodgers
  • Kazuko Eimoto
  • Takahiro Kagoya
  • Mark Burnett
  • A.D. Mitchell
  • Barreiro Pesca
  • Joyce Smith
  • Hideto Harashima
  • Ralf Hilgenstock
  • Gerhard Mosbach
  • Roses Nationwide
  • jabehren
  • metstik.com
  • making.biz
  • kabooli.com
  • uncoverthenet.com
  • usaflightinsurance.com
  • beyondw.com
  • positioned1.com

Members who gave more than US$50, were sent an "I support Moodle" button, made by Irene Harashima in Maebashi, Japan. If you sent in less than that, feel free to send in more this year and when it reaches $50, she will happily send you a button.

All proceeds help pay for moodle.org community efforts, such as programming new versions (1.5 beta is coming this month!) and hosting this forum. Needless to say, Moodle has no corporate staff, so executive salaries, sales commissions, lawyer fees, marketing and patent manager salaries are zero. big grin
Attachment moodlebutton.jpg

Question about donation

by john reedy -
Hi there,

I own the kabooli directory and we appreciate your acknowledgement of our donation. However, we are not listed on the "donations page" at

www.moodle.org/donations

We were listed there the last time I checked (with a link to the Kabooli Internet Directory.)

Do you think you could correct this and restore our acknowledgement/link?

Thanks
In reply to john reedy

Re: Question about donation

by george sen -

I want a copy of Moodle .

Tried three times to down load .

Could not .

How can i get a boxed Moodle copy .

pta_seng@sancharnet.in

Please reply Sen
In reply to george sen

Re: Question about download

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
There is no boxed copy (yet), that's just a picture.

What happens when you click the boxes on the Moodle download page?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Question about download

by george sen -

Once loaded more than 11000 kb then conection went of .
it took 2 hours .
I tried zip .

Remain regrds

Sen

by Grigory Rubtsov -
Is there any way to donate to Moodle from Russia? Paypal seems not supporting that?
In reply to Grigory Rubtsov

by Hideto Harashima -

Hi Grigory,

Thank you for your good will. Didn't PayPal work for you? Was that because you are accessing from Russia?? Sounds strange to me. Anyway, one alternative is to find a Moodle Partner nearest you and delegate them. Good luck and a kiss from Irene.

In reply to Hideto Harashima

by Grigory Rubtsov -
Dear Harashima-san.

PayPal doesn't show Russia in the list of available countries. And even if I put United States as a country it declines to register (probably because of Russian IP address). Unfortunately there is no Moodle partners in Russia.

Best regards,
Grigory Rubtsov
In reply to Grigory Rubtsov

by Hideto Harashima -

Oh.

In that case, you may want to send a money order directly to Martin.

In reply to Hideto Harashima

by Grigory Rubtsov -
Unfortunately we don't have money orders in Russia and wire transfer is expensive. Is it possible to transfer WebMoney or something like that?