Searching forums behaves strangely

Searching forums behaves strangely

by Teemu Sumi -
Number of replies: 8
I just made forum search with the key word "1.4.3". Posts that matched looked like this:

<|0|>Hi Chardelle,<|1|><|0|>I just tested 1.4.3 and the enrolment key still doesn't work when <|3|>paypal<|4|> is enabled. Maybe Martin didn't have time to include this fix in 1.4.3. <|1|><|0|>Have a Merry Christmas!<|1|><|0|>Ray<|1|><|10|>

Instead of this:

Hi Chardelle,

I just tested 1.4.3 and the enrolment key still doesn't work when paypal is enabled. Maybe Martin didn't have time to include this fix in 1.4.3.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Ray

Many others looked even worse and were really difficult to read. Numbers like "1.5" or "7.8" give that look but "10.1" doesn't.

It's not a serious problem but it's strange.

Teemu
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teemu Sumi

Re: Searching forums behaves strangely

by Zbigniew Fiedorowicz -
This seems to be a variant of:

http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=print&bugid=626

which was patched but not really fixed. This is a bug in the function highlight() in weblib.php. It is triggered by any search string consisting of single characters separated by periods, for example "e.g." I've filed a bug on it:
http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2323

In reply to Zbigniew Fiedorowicz

by Teemu Sumi -

I will put it to bug tracker.

Teemu

In reply to Teemu Sumi

I've submitted a fix to the CVS

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks, Zig!

Just a reminder, whenever you make a patch to the stable branch, you also need to merge this with the main development trunk, otherwise the fix may be lost in upcoming versions.  The procedure is described here (I realise it kinda implies this gets done in big lumps, but in reality we do it every time we update a file).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Hi Martin,

When I followed the instructions for doing cvs merges, I got a lot of conflicts, mostly involving files which I hadn't even touched. It was a lot more trouble resolving these conflicts, than just redoing the minor edits manually in the trunk branch that I had already done in the stable branch. Is there any downside to doing it manually?

Happy New Year,
Zig

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Oh crikey, no don't run the whole merge on the entire tree!  :-o

Just run it on the files you changed.  This is what I do:

STABLE:

cvs commit file.php file2.php

HEAD:

cvs update -kk -j MOODLE_14_MERGED -j MOODLE_14_STABLE file.php file2.php

cvs commit file.php file2.php

STABLE:

cvs tag -F MOODLE_14_MERGED file.php file2.php
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Hmm, moodle.org is supposedly running 1.4.3+, latest stable branch?  Nevertheless searching forums still results in the same strange behavior.  Could you check this, Martin?