layout editor for version 1.5

layout editor for version 1.5

by Audun Hauge -
Number of replies: 7
I've updated the layout editor to work with the new block-system for version 1.5. This version will also handle greater number of external resources. Instead of making a div for each external resource/mod, this version makes 4 divs max per type of resource/mod. The rest are available from combo-boxes. Selecting a resource from a combo will change the topmost draggable div to this resource. The combo-boxes will only show up if there are more than 4 resources of a given type.
Everything seems to work on my test moodle, but I expect bugs and limitations will show up, give it a try! (on your test system).
Capabilities:
  • rearange sideblocks, add and remove
  • add external resources
  • move resources
  • move sections
  • delete resources
  • adjust dates for lessons, assignment etc

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Audun Hauge

Re: layout editor for version 1.5

by Timothy Takemoto -

Dear Audun

I tried your layout block in my 1.5 but alas it said

Fatal error: Class courseblock_layout: Cannot inherit from undefined class moodleblock in /home/at2/eigo/public_html/moodle/blocks/layout/block_layout.php on line 4

Somewhere else on the forums that you would not be releasing your block till 1.5 is released.  I look forward to it.

Timothy

In reply to Audun Hauge

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Audun, thanks!

I think you've uploaded the old 1.4 version from December by accident.

I'm thinking of putting this into the main CVS tree ... would you like to keep working on it there?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Audun Hauge -
This was made under an early 1.5, before the great divide for blocks. I've got an updated version that works for a recent download of 1.5 (Moodle 1.5 UNSTABLE DEVELOPMENT (2005022400))
The main problem with keeping it working is tracking changes in MOODLE_PAGE_VIEW --> PAGE_COURSE_VIEW and other things that seem to be in a fluid state for the moment.
I thought I'd wait till this had settled down before posting a new version, but here is the latest version.

Working in the cvs tree sounds interesting, although it's been some time since I last used cvs ... hope I remember how smile
In reply to Audun Hauge

by Karrie V -

Is there a place this can be tested prior to downloading???  It sounds like a GREAT feature!  Thanks

In reply to Karrie V

by Karrie V -
Anyone have a place where this can be tested?
In reply to Karrie V

by Audun Hauge -
See this link.
Julian Ridden has set up a test/demo course with lots of new mods and sideblocks. Very nice design and a easy way to test new mods.
In reply to Audun Hauge

by Julian Ridden -
I havent intalled this code yet. I will do so over the weekend for demo purposes.