Free Creative Commons Movie & Video Editing Course (2011)

Free Creative Commons Movie & Video Editing Course (2011)

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers

Frankie Kam wishes all at Moodle.org a
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011
With a FREE
Movie and Video Editing Moodle Course

(runs under Moodle 1.9.7)
Surf over to
http://scm.moodleace.com/course/view.php?id=28

You will need to create a login id.

Learning Outcomes:
At the end of the course, you will know how
to use MovieMaker to do post-production on video clips;
use various Open Source software tools
to edit your videos, add subtitles and MORE.

Software covered are:
Microsoft MovieMaker, Klite Codec, DivX abd XVid Codecs,
Plato DVD Ripper Pro, Youtube Downloader, Koyote Free Video Converter,
Media Subtitler, Virtualdub, Any Video Converter, Paintshop Pro.

Moodle course backup file size:
All this for only 322Kb!
(the download zip file is in the course page)

Greetings from Melaka, Malaysia
and MAKE A GREAT START TO THE
YEAR 2011!
Frankie Kam
boonsengkam@gmail.com

big grin

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Free Creative Commons Movie & Video Editing Course (2011)

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Frankie and thanks for the greetings - it was nice to hear your voice on the videos  -good to put faces and voices to names on moodle.org! Just a little hint by the way - you need to move your zipped backup file for the course outside of the backup folder where it is now as currently regular Moodle users who will have logged in to see the course aren't allowed to access it from there. (I know this because I did that when offering backed up courses until somebody told me thatwink)

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Mary.

Thanks for the feedback. Well I logged in as a student and sure enough, when I tried to download the zip file, I got the message: "Access not allowed". I've moved the zip file out of the backup folder...the download now works as it should. I've tested it. Thanks for the GREAT tip!

>it was nice to hear your voice on the videos
>
LOL! Thanks. Actually, IMHO, when it comes to Moodle video tutorials, your videos always sound GREAT with your crystal-clear voiceovers and definitive instructions.

Frankie Kam

Average of ratings: Cool (1)
In reply to Frankie Kam

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Frankie - Have you seen MOOCH - the community hub for sharing courses? If not, you may want to consider publishing the course there. Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Frankie Kam -

Anthony - Hi, I've taken a look at MOOCH and it's a GREAT place to list one's site for download or for others to demo! The format is very attractive. Right, I'm taking your advice and uploading my site there.

Erm..I've just come back from there. Two quick questions.
Q1: How do I publish my course on MOOCH?
I can only see options to search for a course to enrol in or to download.

Q2: These are meant for Moodle 2.0 courses right?
My site is still using Moodle 1.9.7 (coz previously Nanogong allowed core code modifications for up to Moodle 1.9.7 even though back then Moodle 1.9.10 existed and Moodle 2.0 was just around the corner - in end of October 2010).

Okay, ignore these 2 questions! I've just read
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Site_registration
LOL! I need to create a Moodle 2.0 site which I'll try to do on a new subdomain (might as well join the crowd then!).  big grin

Unfortunately my site uses pHp 5.1.7 while Moodle 2.0 requires pHp 5.2.8 or later. I think I'll just use some free Moodle 2.0 hosting and then try to upload my course and then publish to MOOCH that way.

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

You may want to wait until some of the work associated with CONTRIB-1988 is finished if you are using 3rd party code as many of those are still being worked on to prepare them for Moodle 2.0. As you found, MOOCH does require that you be using 2.0 on your site. There is no rush, but I figured I would mention it to you as something to work toward. Regarding Nanogong, you may be interested in watching and/or helping out with CONTRIB-2611. Thanks for making your course available to the rest of the community. Peace - Anthony

In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Frankie Kam -

Roger that. Peace to you too on this first day of 2011!