Error importing grades in v2.0 using csv file

Error importing grades in v2.0 using csv file

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -
Number of replies: 16

There appears to be a problem importing grades using a csv file into the grade book. My import file imports OK into a v1.9 site but not a v2.0 site. I get the error message “user mapping error, could not find user!” Has this been fixed?
Tieku

In reply to Tieku Bortei-Doku

Re: Error importing grades in v2.0 using csv file

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

Can anybody help me with this? Anybody seen this, tried it? Thanks

Tieku

by John Dooley -

Same here but I have not used 1.9 v before with this option.  We have a spreadsheet of grades with the student upn and we tried to map it to userid and useridnumber which we have mapped to the same upn number.  Is useridnumber the field in the user profile labeled "ID number " with a text box next to looking like this??

by itay 2222 -

yeah me too would very much like to know how to import grades.

my ULTIMATE goal is (besides destroying the world) to import grades from "external" quiz, I even understand that this MAYBE can be done using with a certian url or web service or whatever... but I'm not there yet:

I would like just the VERY BASIC thing to work, to import grades into a quiz, using the VERY FORMAT that I exported them with moodle.

is that too much to ask?!

very very annoying software, lucky there are few good people who take the trouble to answer poor idiots like me with our stupid questions.

thanks in advanced,

george.

In reply to itay 2222

by Andrew Davis -

Theres something broken in 2.0's grade import. Ive raised MDL-25887 to have it fixed.

In reply to Andrew Davis

by itay 2222 -

thanks for your reply.

i'll download 1.9 then coz i'm still testing it.

I don't get the same errors as you did, though:

1. mainly "error mapping!" (the general error)

2. and also error importing page inside a nice rectanuglar box.

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Tieku Bortei-Doku -

I went to the tracker MDL-25887 and the status is fixed? It is not fixed yet. I just downloaded the latest build to test it, and still getting the same error message.

by Andrew Davis -

The resolution is fixed however the status is currently Ready for review. A bit confusing I agree. The fix is currently waiting to be reviewed and integrated. Then it will appear in the download.

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Rick Bruderick -

I guess it's hard to estimate when such a problem will be resolved, but we've come to the end of a semester and I REALLY need to upload those old marks ASAP. (Our school's server genius deleted our Moodle 1.9, so we hired a company, and I used the catastrophe as an opportunity to upgrade to Moodle 2.0.)

Is there an alternative grade book for Moodle 2.0, while we wait for the fix?

Will this forum be notified when the fix happens?

In reply to Rick Bruderick

by John Dooley -

Am I assuming too much when I say is it going to be released on the 31st Jan 2011 in 2.0.2?  Or am I better downgrading to 1.9?

Many thanks,

John

Maryhill High School

In reply to John Dooley

by Andrew Davis -

It has now been integrated and tested so it will be in the next version (2.0.2).

It is also now in the Moodle official git repository at git://git.moodle.org/moodle.git

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Rick Bruderick -

I've been on Winter Break for the last few weeks.  I see that 2.0.2 isn't available yet.  Has this fix been implemented in the weekly builds?  Our next semester starts Monday and the administrators are counting on me to coax the whole department into using Moodle.  But I don't want to do that if the gradebook isn't working properly.

Suggestion?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The bug (MDL-25887) says closed, which means this is in the current weeklies. 2.0.2 should be released next week, if no critical problems are found.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by thulasi raman -

You mean to say that the grade import works with v2.0.2 and above? I have v2.0.1 installed in my server and have been getting the error 'user mapping error, could not find user' when I try the grade import process. How do I proceed?

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Rick Bruderick -

big grin Easy upgrade.  Grade import works.  Everything is silky smooth.  Love it.  Thank you!

by Alfred Weiss -

We're running 2.0.4 and we're getting the mapping error when importing a CSV into the gradebook.  Has the bug been reintroduced?

Thanks,

Al

In reply to Alfred Weiss

by Kathy Dick -

I'm running 2.1.1 and trying to import from 1.9 and I'm also getting a mapping error.