Site policy not showing in IE

Site policy not showing in IE

by Dusan Ristic -
Number of replies: 5

I've recently upgraded from 1.9.9+ to 2.0, and can't seem to figure it out why site policy is't showing in IE (6/7/8). It was working before upgrade.

Tried setting Site policy URL to relative path ie. /policy.html or /moodle/user/policy.html and also full url http://....

in both cases policy is on same domain as moodle

Firefox, GoogleChrome and Opera are all showing site policy, only IE isn't (tried on 4 different computers with versions of ie 6/7/8)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dusan Ristic

Re: Site policy not showing in IE

by Martin Brant -

Hi Dusan,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have a new install of Moodle 2 and I have this exact same problem.

Thanks, Martin.

In reply to Martin Brant

by Dusan Ristic -

Hi,

At first, I've modified lib/resourcelib.php line 472 from:

if ($mimetype === 'text/html' and check_browser_version('MSIE', 5)) {

to:

if ($mimetype === 'text/html' and (check_browser_version('MSIE', 5) or  check_browser_version('MSIE', 6) or check_browser_version('MSIE', 7))) {

this way IE versions 5/6/7 are put in iframe.

There's another solution:

Instead of changes above, same file lib/resourcelib.php few lines below that code you can find:

<object id="resourceobject" data="$fullurl" type="$mimetype">
<param name="src" value="$fullurl" />
$clicktoopen

Removing the line colored in red resolves the problem with IE versions 6/7 not showing the policy.

Just managed to try it on 4 computers with IE 6/7/8 , firefox, chrome,opera and it's showing policy as it should be.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dusan Ristic

by Rachel Wright -

I've just started setting up our site in Moodle2 and my site policy isn't showing in Firefox. I noticed that all the other issues I've seen posted in the forum are with IE.

The site policy I created as a site page within the frontpage that's accessible to guests.

In reply to Rachel Wright

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just to note that this problem has been reported in the Moodle tracker as MDL-25775. If you'd like email notification of when it is fixed, you can create a tracker account and add yourself as a watcher to the issue.