How to create diferent organizations within moodle

How to create diferent organizations within moodle

by Santi Calvo -
Number of replies: 0

Hello everybody,

Firs of all, excuse my English.

We are planning to set up Moodle to work with different companies as our main LMS.

The aproach we want to get is the following:

Each company should have its own activities. They could be quiz exercices, flash tutorials, etc... any kind of training web content.

The teacher for each company must only (and this is the main requirement) access data of the activities and students of his/her own company.

A company could have several profiles, managers, technicians, etc... Each of the profiles would get their own activities.

I am doing research on moodle and I think I could do what I want in the following "anti-intuitive" way:

Consider each company as a Moodle Course within a category, create the different activities on it and making the category hidden, and make groups as the student profiles.

I am not sure if this would work the way I want but I can't find any other solution.

I've seen two threads in the forum that answer the same questions with groups; but groups are within a course, not the other way around, and that sould be the aproach: groups that have courses, not courses that have groups.

It boils down to a terminology question: how should I consider a "Company", like a Course, a Category, a Group or something else?

Is there a way for me to do what I want without having to develop my own module?

Thank you very much.

Average of ratings: -