error creating database in moodle 2.0

error creating database in moodle 2.0

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Using Moodle 2.0 (Build: 20101203) on local test site

When I create a database activity in moodle 2.0 I get this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'portfolio_module_caller_base' not found in [moodle]\mod\data\locallib.php on line 29

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: error creating database in moodle 2.0

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joseph,

I've tried and failed to reproduce the error on the QA Testing site. Can you think of anything different on your site that may be the cause of the error?

In reply to Helen Foster

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Helen,

I cannot reproduce the problem on my most recent update of moodle 2.0.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Joeph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -

I'm still getting the same error, with debug mode ON and display error messages ON. The reason it's not being displayed on the moodle qa site is probably because error display is turned OFF on the qa site.

MDL-25242

Joseph

In reply to Helen Foster

by brian avery -

Hi,

After lots of problems I today deleted my moodle 2.0 install and the associated databases etc. Now I have created a new database and reinstalled 2.0. The very first thing I did was run the 'functional db' test, which previously flagged 3 fails and an exception. It has done exactly the same. This time the install is new (5 minutes old) and doesn't have any courses or users to think about. The test output was:

Running tests on: Current database (native/mysqli)

Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / dml_test / test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unique index is accent insensitive, this may cause problems for non-ascii languages. This is usually caused by accent insensitive default collation. at [/home/bca19560/public_html/insegnanti-inglese.com/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 2769]
Exception: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / dml_test / test_unique_index_collation_trouble
Unexpected exception of type [dml_write_exception] with message [Error writing to database] in [/home/bca19560/public_html/insegnanti-inglese.com/moodle/lib/dml/moodle_database.php line 394]
Debug info:
Duplicate entry 'aäa' for key 'mdl_unittabl_nam_uix'
INSERT INTO mdl_unit_table (name) VALUES(?)
[array (
0 => 'aäa',
)]
  • line 843 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 885 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 2763 of /lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line ... of ...
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / dml_test / test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be accent sensitive at [/home/bca19560/public_html/insegnanti-inglese.com/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 2797]
Fail: lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php / dml_test / test_sql_binary_equal
SQL operator "=" is expected to be case sensitive at [/home/bca19560/public_html/insegnanti-inglese.com/moodle/lib/dml/simpletest/testdml.php line 2800]
2/2 test cases complete: 962 passes, 3 fails and 1 exceptions.
Run at Tuesday, 7 December 2010, 08:39 PM. Time taken: 6 secs. Using SimpleTest version 1.0.1.