Aardvark for Moodle 2.0

Aardvark for Moodle 2.0

by Shaun Daubney -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all,

Just to let you know that I've started work on updating the Aardvark theme for Moodle 2.0

It's a steep learning curve but fingers crossed I'll get there soon. I've included an early prototype for Aardvark for Moodle 2.0 - Codename: Blackbird, it will probibly look nothing like that when it's finished, I'm hoping to have a really clean polished new look, if anyone has any coding/css/Moodle2.0 expirence and wants to lend a hand, let me know.

Attachment Screen shot 2010-11-17 at November 17, 06.10.35 PM.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Shaun Daubney

Re: Aardvark for Moodle 2.0

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Shaun,

So pleased you are working on the Aardvark theme for Moodle 2.0. I'd be quite happy to lend a hand if you get into problems with the CSS. There are some new tricks with menus in Decaf theme you might want to take a look at, which I am sure you will want to incorporate into your new Aardvark theme.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Shaun Daubney -

Thanks. I'm slowly thundering through it, but then noticed I had done something to make the Settings block vanish. Which isn't a good thing. So it's back to square one.

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Have you got debugging on? It's the best way to see where you are going wrong.

Any chance I could have a copy of the theme where you are up to with it. It might be something simple that you've done to lose the settings block. Check the config.php where you declare, in an array, which side block regions you are using for the admin page. It might look something like this...

// Server administration scripts.
'admin' => array(
'file' => 'default.php',
'regions' => array('side-pre'),
'defaultregion' => 'side-pre',
),

I've only one php layout page which I have called default.php. It started off it's life as general.php which I copied over from Base theme. I tend to use base theme as a parent theme, but exclude the styles I am using, which tend to be blocks.css, calendar.css, and pagelayout.css.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

by Julian Ridden -

Great stuff! Screenshot is looking great. Let me know if I can help. Although you already have Mary on board and her themes are awesome. Like Mary I have also built a couple of Moodle 2 themes now and am ready to assist. If you can send me the Blackbird I am happy to tinker and get back to you. smile

Julian

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.