Moodle 2.0 Grader Report Layout

Moodle 2.0 Grader Report Layout

by Emma Richardson -
Number of replies: 18
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

When I look at the grader report in 2.0, the names do not align correctly with the scores.  I am wondering if this is a bug still or if I have something set wrong.  In a class of about 20 the bottom two lines of grades actually extend below the list of student names.

In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Moodle 2.0 Grader Report Layout

by Andrew Davis -

Hi Emma. Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot of what you're seeing? You'll want to use some sort of image editing software to make people's names unreadable.

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

My VPN is not working right so I can't get in there till Monday.  I will send a screen shot then.  I did discover that it is a Safari issue.  Shows correctly in Firefox.

by Andrew Davis -

ok, put up the screenshot when you can. I'll see if I can replicate it in Safari.

In reply to Andrew Davis

by Emma Richardson -

Here is the screen shot.

by Andrew Davis -

I've created MDL-25238 to have this fixed.

In reply to Andrew Davis

Final grade column

by Lynn Jeffress -

When I post the grade for the final essay or paper it also shows up in the FINAL GRADE column. These two grades are often not the same.  How can I indicate this difference (or get rid of the Final Grade column?  I'm in the thick of grading finals and need some help with this. Thank you.

In reply to Lynn Jeffress

Re: Final grade column

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Lynn,
You can modify settings of the Course Total column (go to Categories and Items interface and click Edit icon for Course Total) and set its "Grade Type" to None. Then the column will just appear empty to the students.

by Itamar Tzadok -

Alternatively you can "hide" this column by clicking the hide/show icon next to the course category in the items and category tab. Students won't see this final grade at all and in the grader report it will appear dimmed. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Itamar, are you on 1.9.9 + ?
In versions below this would successfully hide everything inside, so no grades would be available wide eyes

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Itamar Tzadok -

Sometimes. But in this case 1.9.4+. If you click hide the Course total (rather than the Course category; I should have been more precise) it will hide the category and leave its items as they were. smile

by Elena Ivanova -

oh, I see. smile
We went to 1.9.5, once the new gradebook UI was there. 
I belive the behaviour had changed there - if you click the "Hide" icon for Course Total - you will hide the Course Category too.
So those icons are "combined" in their actions (That's what my vanilla instance does).

Update: I found how to replicate your suggestion, so itcan be done in 1.9.5 too.
It will work, if Settings for the User report are set to "Show hidden items": "All Hidden", aka " the hidden grade item row is shown in grey with the grade hidden completely".
Which is extremmply confusing default language and contradicting helpfile, but this is another point. smile
(it is adjusted in 2.0)

HELP! HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE?

by Lynn Jeffress -

How do I get out of here?  Once I'm in Moodle, I don't see the Unsubscribe link. It's nightmarish!

Re: HELP! HOW DO I UNSUBSCRIBE?

by Peter Seaman -

Or you can look at the bottom of the e-mail, where you'll see a link "Unsubscribe from this forum."

by Bob Puffer -

I've been often confronted with the same emotion but here I am after six years.  Kinda like "Hotel California".

by Itamar Tzadok -

Most importantly, make sure to set forum auto subscribe in your profile to NO ... smile

Attachment userprofile-forum-autosubscribe.png