echo-assignment and word 2003

echo-assignment and word 2003

by Mike Jackson -
Number of replies: 9

I have just tried the echo-assignment (newassignment) module and it seems to work well. I had students write essays in Word. I was then able to grade and comment on the essays on my tablet PC using Word2003 (which allows seamless pen annotations). Being able to upload the graded assignment back to moodle is a neat feature.

This is the first time that I have found the workflow of marking an essay electronically to be convenient.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Jackson

Re: echo-assignment and word 2003

by Darren Smith -
It's superb isn't it?  big grin We also have a lot of staff using tablet PCs to annotate student work and the upload the feedback file.

I can't see why this has not gone into the standard package and replaced the default assignment. It works the same way, with extra features which you don't have to use mixed
In reply to Darren Smith

by Tim Allen -
Yes, I'd also appreciate this functionality going into the standard package.  wink  It is in particular an invaluable tool for a language teacher like myself.

Tim.
In reply to Darren Smith

by Mike Jackson -

I think it would make great sense to include it in the standard assignment package. The extra functionality could just be an extra dialog box on the assignment set up/update screen.approve

I see this feature as being a very useful one for our English and Language teachers who are still leery of electronic submission of essays.

In reply to Mike Jackson

by N Hansen -
Good suggestion Michael-I've submitted this idea as bug 2289.
In reply to N Hansen

by Enrique Castro -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
This is a functionality asked quite often by teachers in my site.
I have added my vote to the feature request.

Meanwhile, I have instructed my teachers to upload teacher-corrected files to the server with a suffix (e.g. students submits  myfile.sxw, teacher  download it, read it , edit it and get  myfile_corr.sxw).
If you copy the file location in filemanager (right-click, "copy link location" or "copy shortcut" depending on the browser), you can copy that url in the comment text box. Moodle autolink filter will convert that url into a link. Users can click on it to download the corrected file.

- Enrique -
In reply to Mike Jackson

by Tom Czachor -
How do I get this?? I just a got a Tablet PC and this looks great!! Is it the 1.5x version of the assignment available for download?

Thanks
Tom

In reply to Mike Jackson

by Tom Czachor -
How do I get this?? I just a got a Tablet PC and this looks great!! Is it the 1.5x version of the assignment available for download?

Thanks
Tom