Gradebook user report glitch

Gradebook user report glitch

by Basil Gohar -
Number of replies: 2
A teacher with one of clients has reported a strange glitch that just cropped-up with user reports in one of the courses. It appears to be affecting only students, as the user report for the teacher himself does not appear to be affected. I've attached a screenshot of the issue.

I will say upfront that we've done some modifications to the way gradebooks are displayed in some cases, but I am not sure what could have caused this issue. Looking into the HTML with Firebug, I changed the rowspan for one of the glitched cells, where it was "3", and changed it to "1", and part of the problem was resolved. So, the issue appears to be related to the determining the number of rows the cells that display the glitch should span.

Can anyone offer some possible insight into how to resolve this issue? Thanks!
Attachment gradebook-spanning-glitch-remapped.png
In reply to Basil Gohar

Re: Gradebook user report glitch

by Michael Woods -
Picture of Core developers

Hi,

I've noticed the same issue. I can reproduce it by having a hidden subcategory, followed by a non-hidden category. Eg.

• Category 1 (visible)
    • Sub of Category 1 (not visible)
  • Category 2 (visible)

Also, it must be the student viewing their report, NOT a teacher doing a user-view of the same student!

If you hide a main category, it seems to be fine, so only hidden sub-categories seem to cause the glitch.

Anyone know a quick solution?

Thanks,
Michael