image rotating in home page, how?

image rotating in home page, how?

by yuki yuki -
Number of replies: 11

If u go to this below website you will see a big image middle of the page. Just refresh the page, everytime the image is changing.

How can I do that? Can u give me a clue?http://moodle.blackpool.ac.uk/

Average of ratings: -
In reply to yuki yuki

Re: image rotating in home page, how?

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Looking at the source code it appears to be some javascript that randomly displays a different image when the page is refreshed - a quick google took me to here as an example: http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/random-image.html

In reply to Mary Cooch

by yuki yuki -

I have copy pested above mentioned javascrpt code(excliding head and html tag) in the summary of site section in html toggle(code) mode. Everything working fine. Picures are coming in every refreshing of a page.

But the problem is when I am going to edit the code again (after saving from first attempt) then most of the codes are getting vanished. Dont know why. You can check it just by copy pesting above code.

How can I fix that?

Also Is it possible to save the php code in the html mode? Thanks.

In reply to yuki yuki

by Vijay N -

I also use picture rotating method but I dont use javascript for this. Instead I use Animation pro and then develop a jpg file with photo rotating back to back. This does require refreshing the page which is a better method. I use the picture as a way to promote  news.

In reply to Vijay N

by yuki yuki -

what is the url of that soft?is it free?windows version available? can u bit elaborate it?

In reply to yuki yuki

by Vijay N -

Google search "Jaisc Animation Pro" I am sure some free versions are also available.

Basicaly u dont need to refresh the page to see the pictures rotating, it will do it by itself with jpg file formats. ALl versions available (Windows, Mac, Linux etc.....)

In reply to Vijay N

by yuki yuki -

oh thats only animation of images that I can also use some flash tools...but I want that every rerfresh of a page the image will change not the image will change automatically...does it do that?

In reply to yuki yuki

by yuki yuki -

But my head is spinning, why the HTML/JAVASCRPIT codes are disappearing while I try to edit it second time? What is the reason? Any solution?

In reply to yuki yuki

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Try going to your profile and click "edit profile" and then change "when editing text" to "use standard webforms"

In reply to Mary Cooch

by yuki yuki -
But If I choose the "Use standard forms" then the HTML editor is vanished from all over the site that I dont want.
Is it possible only for that specfic section to disable the HTML Editor?
In reply to yuki yuki

by pelleth thomas -

Hi Yuki, Thanks for the response.

You said when you edit code again, they get vanished. Have you found a solution to this problem?

Coould you send me the jave code exactly as used in your moodle site?

Did you paste this code under ' Add label'?

Did you upoad the pictures using the 'file' link in moodle?

Thanks

Tom

In reply to pelleth thomas

by yuki yuki -
go to the above url and copy pest th ecode in a webpage and copy all images in a folder inside moodledata and locate the path of thos eimage inside the java code.