Moodle 2 Upgrade Issue

Moodle 2 Upgrade Issue

by Craig Willis -
Number of replies: 7
I'm upgrading our instance of Moodle 1.9.8 to Moodle 2.0 RC1. On running the upgrade process, it gets to upgrading mod_feedback, and then I get the following error:

mod_feedback

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

More information about this error

Debug info: Argument 2 passed to moodle_database::get_records() must be an array, string given, called in /home/webadmin/html/mod/feedback/db/upgrade.php on line 146 and defined
Stack trace:
line 309 of /lib/setuplib.php: coding_exception thrown
line 1022 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to default_error_handler()
line 146 of /mod/feedback/db/upgrade.php: call to moodle_database->get_records()
line 490 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_feedback_upgrade()
line 265 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins_modules()
line 1348 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
line 298 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_noncore()

The feedback module is quite well used, so it could be some data in it that is wrong, I suppose. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Craig Willis

Re: Moodle 2 mod_feedback Upgrade Issue

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Craig,

Thanks for helping test the Moodle 2.0 upgrade. I've just created a tracker issue for the error you describe - MDL-24466. You may wish to watch the issue (tracker account required) in order to receive email notification of any comments or updates to the issue.
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 2 mod_feedback Upgrade Issue

by Craig Willis -
Thank you for setting that up.

I did actually look at the tracker, but I have to admit, it was a little confusing to get started with.
In reply to Craig Willis

Re: Moodle 2 Upgrade Issue

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I expect the feedback module is not yet ready for 2.0. I suggest asking the question on the feedback module forum where Andreas will be able to answer it.

ATB

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodle 2 Upgrade Issue

by Craig Willis -
It seems that way. To get round the issue, I deleted the feedback module, and the upgrade went ahead fine.

I was upgrading on a copy of our current site anyway, so I'll attempt another upgrade when I know more of what caused the issue.
In reply to Craig Willis

Re: Moodle 2 mod_feedback upgrade issue fixed

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Just a note for anyone not watching MDL-24466 - the problem has now been fixed, thanks to Feedback module maintainer Andreas Grabs. approve
In reply to Helen Foster

by Craig Willis -

Yep, just re-done the upgrade with the latest Moodle 2 RC build, and mod_feedback has upgraded fine!

Thanks to all that helped!

In reply to Helen Foster

by João Filipe Oliveira -

My case:

Debug info: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
SELECT DISTINCT c.id AS courseid, ra.enrol, c.timecreated, c.timemodified
FROM mdl_course c
JOIN mdl_context ctx ON (ctx.instanceid = c.id AND ctx.contextlevel = 50)
JOIN mdl_role_assignments ra ON (ra.contextid = ctx.id AND ra.enrol <> '')
LEFT JOIN mdl_enrol e ON (e.courseid = c.id AND e.enrol = ra.enrol)
WHERE c.id <> ? AND e.id IS NULL
[array (
0 => '1',
)]
Stack trace:
  • line 391 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 691 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 4078 of /lib/db/upgrade.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql()
  • line 1307 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_main_upgrade()
  • line 261 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_core()