Non mantainers colaboration in 2.0

Non mantainers colaboration in 2.0

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hello,

i've posted this question in lang.moodle.org, but maybe here is a better place.

I am one of the Brazilian portuguese translators and am wondering how are the things going for colaboration of non mantainers in 2.0? Reading the documentation i saw that AMOS was planned to allow interaction of some people with no commit privileges, but let the strings staged across sessions for the mantainers to accept (or edit) and commit or reject.

I've searched in the tracker but found no issue about this functionality, so i am asking here how is it going and also offering my help to discuss and implement the system, if needed.

Also, while it is not ready, how can we handle contributions for 2.0 from new people?

Regards,

Daniel

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Daniel Neis Araujo

Re: Non mantainers colaboration in 2.0

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Daniel,

firstly I am sorry I missed your post and did not reply earlier. You are totally right, I plan to implement features that allow AMOS users to share their staged work with the language pack maintainer so that she/he can accept the offered strings into the official distribution.

Unfortunately, I still have not found time to implement this as there are other Moodle 2.0 release blockers to sort out. You are however warmly welcome to contribute if you find a spare time to implement this. You can find AMOS source code at http://github.com/mudrd8mz/moodle-amos, feel free to create a fork of the project and send me a pull request once you have any patches to include.

I am afraid there are no real ways for folks to contribute to 2.0 translation at the moment, to be honest. Sorry for this. Please keep in mind that we are basically starting from scratch with translations process in Moodle 2.0 and it may take a while to tune it up.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to David Mudrák

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi David,
What is the situation for the translation of contributed modules & plugins? Who does what, and how?
Joseph
In reply to David Mudrák

by Daniel Neis Araujo -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hello, David

don't worry about missing the other post, i know how easy it is to these things to pass unoticed in front of volume of threads in moodle foruns.

so, i've checked out your code some days ago and tried to populate the database from git with the scripts, but man, git is really slow over http: i've let it run all night long and it didn't complete (and i've removed versions prior to 19)
i was thinking if would be possible to clone this database in a faster way, or maybe i missed it on docs...

besides that, to get used to amos code i was thinking about write a patch to show the staged strings in the moodle interface (i've created MDLSITE-964 to discuss this)

i will try to take a more carefully look at the code on next days and come back with news...

Kind regards,
Daniel