Importing in Moodle 1.9.9

Importing in Moodle 1.9.9

by Mary Smith-Gagnon -
Number of replies: 14
I have an instructor who is an editing teacher in many courses, unable to import from one course to another.  She gets a message saying that she is not an editing teacher in any other course and cannot use import.  Has anyone else had this problem?  What is the solution?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Smith-Gagnon

Re: Importing in Moodle 1.9.9

by Robert Chapman -
I am having the exact same problem. All teachers with editing abilities in multiple courses cannot import from their own courses.

We are a windows shop running on amp. We went from 1.9.5 to 1.9.9 nothing.

Same error: "You don't seem to be an editing teacher in any other courses, there are no courses for you to import from."

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Perhaps she doesn't have editing rights in any other course? Or are you saying that she does and it doesn't work?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Emanuel Delgado -
Hello,

Check if the users have any more roles with less permissions in those courses besides editing teacher. If they do that might be reducing their permissions in those contexts.

hth

ED
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mary Smith-Gagnon -
Yes, she is an editing teacher in many other courses.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
What version (ie date) of Moodle 1.9.9 are you using? I believe this might be related to a bug with not updating the "courses I have taught in" and which has been fixed - see the tracker here
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Robert Chapman -
We checked into that bug and our code is the latest updated version so we don't think that's it. We are wondering since a faculty member might be a student role in another class if that could mess up the ability for them to import even for classes they have access to?
In reply to Robert Chapman

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I don't see how being a student in a completely different class from the ones they are editing teachers in and want to export from/import into could make a difference -but who knows? Interesting...
In reply to Mary Cooch

You can't import even in the demo Moodle

by Mary Cooch -
Hi again - I just went to check this out on the demo moodle which must be the latest version. The teacher there is a teacher in all the courses and yet when I tried to import from one course into another it gave me the same message as you have been getting- telling me (or the demo teacher) they are not teachers anywhere else so cannot import. I will investigate further
EDIT - I have bitten the bullet and added it to the tracker
This way, it will either get fixed or someone will tell us what we are doing wrongsmile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: You can't import even in the demo Moodle

by Dwayne Parton -
I think this may be the same problem. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=152136
The solution was found for this at:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-22740
In reply to Dwayne Parton

by Mary Cooch -
I don't think it solved it though -as people with later versions of Moodle 1.9.9 are still having the problem -including the demo Moodle which is the most up to date of the lot
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dwayne Parton -
We just upgraded to Moodle 1.9.9 and our teachers had this same problem. At the import screen they received the "You are not an editing teacher for this class room" error. Today I made this change to the one line for our Moodle site and the now teachers can import class rooms. I don't know why they haven't made this change to the demo. If you are still having problems with teachers importing classes, you should definitely look into this fix. It resolved the issue for us. Refer to my previous post for the link. Good luck.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Elaine Diamond -
Mary, thanks so much for your responses. My problem is solved, I hope. Our Moodle man said that there was an error in the code. He also said that I renamed the roles. I didn't but??? Anyway now I can continue preparing for school. Thanks again.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

As mentioned in MDL-23663, the reason that the problem still occurs on http://demo.moodle.net/ is because, unlike http://qa.moodle.net/, the site is not running the latest version of Moodle.

If you like to use the demo site for checking whether a problem is specific to your site or not, please vote for MDLSITE-961 - Update demo.moodle.net weekly.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -
Well I didn't know that and now I do! And I have been and votedsmile