Some SCORM file to test SCORM activity

Some SCORM file to test SCORM activity

by Monico Briseño -
Number of replies: 17
Picture of Testers
Hi, all. I downloaded some SCORM files to test the SCORM activity in Moodle 2 preview 4. However, when I tried to upload any of them, the system sends an error message:

Incorrect file package - missing imsmanifest.xml or AICC structure

Does somebody have a tested SCORM file and wants to upload here to test SCORM activity.

TIA

Monico

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Monico Briseño

Re: Some SCORM file to test SCORM activity

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Here is one I made with Reload ages ago whilst doing my degree on e-Learning... It is not very exciting and does not use any tracking elements of the SCORM capabilities; but it should do for testing purposes. I have uploaded it to my local Moodle 2 Preview 4 and it works fine and on qa.moodle.net too.

www.jonwitts.co.uk/dls/scorm.zip

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

MDLQA-230 - Re: Some SCORM file to test SCORM activity

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I have started the testing for MDLQA-230 but would appreciate some others comments and trials using the SCORM linked to above and local Moodle installs using different themes than the qa site is running.

Cheers

Jon
In reply to Jon Witts

Re: MDLQA-230 - Re: Some SCORM file to test SCORM activity

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Monico and Jon, thanks for your help in testing the SCORM module. approve

If you need more test packages to try, the Scorm repository in our Moodle Exchange course has several for download, though I'm just wondering whether we can find a package which tests all the SCORM features really well and provide a download link for it in the QA test for when we run another test cycle.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Jon Witts -
Helen,

Good thinking; I had not thought to check out exchange!

I will try and test the quiz elements of the SCORM QA tests with one of those.

Jon
In reply to Helen Foster

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Helen. Please no mention it. I'm learning a lot and how to become good Moodle tester. Yes, I think it is a great idea. I hope to do that, after to finish with all the feedback reply of my QA activities that I tested.

Cheers

Monico

In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Helen,

yes - it would be great if we could find a SCORM object that we could publish that used all the SCORM 1.2 features really well! - unfortunately the more complex scorm objects that I have are not able to be made publicly accessible - they've been sent to me by various authors/publishers to help with testing a particular bug.

There are some very talented SCORM authors here in the forums - anyone here listening able to add a SCORM object to the repository that includes navigation and some of the more detailed parts of 1.2?
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Dan "unfortunately the more complex scorm objects that I have are not able to be made publicly accessible"

It is not often the case for SCORM packages to be closed, not publicly available and commercial? To me, SCORM goes against the philosophy of Moodle.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
yeah - don't get me started! smile

A lot of SCORM objects I see are designed by a specific client - they have an in-house content developer who creates SCORM objects for internal training use - they also happen to be the objects that are the most buggy! - often they also aren't all that keen to publicise the internal training material.

Then there are commercial companies like Microsoft who provide SCORM objects for "free" as part of the licensing agreement to use other software - then people like Skillsoft who charge $$ for access their library of training material (which includes SCORM objects)

I don't have a licence of Articulate/Captivate or many of the other commercial tools that are around and I haven't ever got round to creating a more complex SCORM object in Reload or eXe - plenty of other things on my task list to do......

There are constant requests in these forums from people trying to "protect" and "hide" their actual packages from the people they are providing their content to - even their own clients! (just search for cross-domain and SCORM to find a few that I've responded to)
In reply to Jon Witts

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Jon. I appreciate your reply and this useful SCORM file. I tested in my local Moodle and it works fine.

Cheers

Monico

In reply to Monico Briseño

by Reuben Rowntree -

Hi, I am using Moodle 2 RC1 and I can't get any SCORM to work including this one. I get the error:

"No valid arguments supplied or incorrect server configuration"

I have tried turning slasharguments on/off with no effect. Any ideas?

PS I tried turning debugging on and it also said:

Stack trace:

• line 379 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 39 of /pluginfile.php: call to print_error()
In reply to Reuben Rowntree

by Dan Marsden -

sounds like a server config issue

SCORM forces the use of slash arguments (it doesn't work without it) so it doesn't matter if you've set it or not.

you could check the moodle "health.php" page - go to

yourwebaddress/admin/health.php

any luck and it will say slash arguments don't work and might give you some idea on the fix

http://docs.moodle.org/en/SCORM_FAQ#slash_arguments_warning_when_I_add.2Fupdate_SCORM_obects_in_my_course

also check the item related to godaddy hosts below it as it might also give a few hints.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Reuben Rowntree -

Thanks for that, I should have mentioned I have tried the admin/health.php. It says "There is no health problem found". I have also tried the php fix you mentioned. My php5.ini file looks like this:

register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off

expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12
SMTP = relay-hosting.secureserver.net
url_rewriter.tags = "a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset="

AcceptPathInfo on
cgi.fix_pathinfo=1

[Zend]
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/ZendExtensionManager.so
zend_extension=/usr/local/zo/4_3/ZendOptimizer.so
session.bug_compat_warn=0

Cheers for the suggestions.

Reuben

by Dan Marsden -

if you're running a godaddy host you could check you were actually running php5 - try renaming to php.ini - also check php info to see if the settings you are making have taken effect.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Reuben Rowntree -

Thanks I'm sure it is php 5. I tried the php.ini file as well but it seems the same. Using PHP Info from moodle it says I am running PHP Version 5.2.14.

by Reuben Rowntree -

I have done some further research with this package. If you select the SCORM activity to open the contents in a new window it seems to break communication. The navigator no longer works and the scorm is unresponsive.

Using Moodle 2 RC1 on XAMPP.

I still can't get this to work at all on my actual website. I still get the error "No valid arguments supplied or incorrect server configuration"

by Reuben Rowntree -

I noticed in my site administration/server/environment it says:

php_extension xmlrpc should be installed and enabled for best resultsshould be installed and enabled for best results

The xmlrpc extension is needed for hub communication, and useful for web services and Moodle networking

Is this necessary for SCORM to work?

by Paul Haddad -

When adding a SCORM package make sure that when you Zip it in a folder that they are not in another subfolder as well. Should be: SCORM FOLDER>All SCORM FILES

NOT: SCORM FOLDER>FOLDER>ALL SCORM FILES