"Switch role" to not working?

"Switch role" to not working?

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If I am admin and I try to Switch role to student (or anybody) in Moodle 2.0 it doesn't appear to change. I did a search in the tracker (for "switch role to" in Moodle 2.0 ) but didn't find anything relating to it - anyone else got the same or different?
Attachment switchroleto.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: "Switch role" to not working?

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In the two samples courses I tried and everything looked as it should (same notification that Max Manager logged in as student). This was on qa.moodle.net.

logged in as student
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I wonder if it could be linked to the Ajax UI being turned on...
In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm.. interesting stuff going on here. On my own site as admin without Ajax I can't switch role to. However, as a manager I can do so the same as you - wonder if it is an admin issue? More investigating required.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers
Hi, Mary. I tested this feature on Moodle 2.0 preview 4 with the admin role with the AJAX option unable or enable and I got the same result than you get.

Cheers

Monico
In reply to Monico Briseño

by Mary Cooch -
Ok well - as I haven't found anything else to suggest otherwise, I have put it in the tracker (oh yes Helen! wink) MDL-23062
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary,
The problem only seems to occur if you are Admin and want to switch to Student (or non-editing teacher).
If you have a teacher role, switching role to Student (or non-editing teacher) works as expected.
Joseph