Help!! Glossary autolinking overdoing it...

Re: Help!! Glossary autolinking overdoing it...

by Tim Allen -
Number of replies: 2
Hi Rod,

Install the files into the moodle/filter directory - the folder name when unzipped should be "glossary_only_first".

You also need to copy the glossary_only_first.php file into the moodle/lang/en folder.

These details are also at http://moodle.org/bugs/bug.php?op=show&bugid=2220 wink

Then from the site front page go to the administration block and click "configuration" then "filters". Then move the standard glossary filter "Glossary Autolinking" to the inactive column and the new filter "Glossary Only First" to the active column using the arrows on the right-hand side.

Hope this helps! smile
In reply to Tim Allen

Re: Help!! Glossary autolinking overdoing it...

by Rod Spears -
The Glossary Only First filter seems to be working now, since I updated to Moodle 1.4.3  I am using PHP Version 4.3.10 on Apache/1.3.29

I won't know if it solved my problem until I have all of my students in the computer lab again, trying to access the site at the same time.  My problem then was that my server was blocking access because the glossary auto linking overloaded the server.  They told me it was because the program was running too many scripts.
In reply to Rod Spears

Re: First word glossary

by Geoff Cox -
I succesfully got the first word only function working, but it seems to still link the first appearance of the word for each text (rather than for the course as a whole). 

It does, however, drastically reduce the task of nolinking the words that shouldn't be glossed as the course progresses.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Geoff