Re: Guest

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ernani,

Please see the documentation Guest role for details of how to enable guest access.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ernani da Silva -

Hi Helen,

Do you have any other tip? I have followed the instructions but still not working.

Regards,

Ernani

In reply to Ernani da Silva

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Which type of resources is it you want them to access? Some cannot be accessed by guests. Also - which version of Moodle do you have and what exactly is the message that requires them to input a username and password ( I mean - does it fill in the username with guest for example?)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ernani da Silva -

Hello Mary,

The version is: 1.9.7+ (Build: 20091216) (2007101570).

The message is: Invalid login, please try again

It fills wiht Guest and after press Login as a Guest buttom, the message is the same.

I have created a course example to enable some guests to view, but they can not enter into the site.

Regarding.

Ernani

In reply to Ernani da Silva

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ernani. I asked you the question because I have seen this problem recently (all guest settings are correct but when you try to login as guest the username box fills with guest but won't let you login) If you do a search on these forums there are some similar posts. One of them has a possible solution involving going into the database but it would be interesting to see if the versions with the problem are the same.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ernani da Silva -

Hello Mary,

I have foud a message regarding the problem and I followed the istructions and now it is working.

I change the  password of guest user in the database to  "guest" (using MD5).

Thanks,