Moodle 2.0 : " * The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output."

Moodle 2.0 : " * The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output."

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Using Moodle 2.0 Preview 3 (Build: 20100604)

When switching roles (e.g. from teacher to non-editing teacher OR student) the following error message is displayed, then the role-switching is effective.

There is no error when switching back to "my normal role".

Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output. Therefore, you can no longer change the theme, or anything that might affect what the current theme is, for example, the course.

This error message has been mentioned in the past, but I had not come across it lately when testing 2.0.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Moodle 2.0 : " * The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output."

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Still getting this error message in Moodle 2.0 Preview 4 (Build: 20100702).
Can anyone please confirm the bug?
Joseph

Re: Moodle 2.0 : " * The theme has already been set up for this page ready for output."

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
I just tried on the QA Moodle - switched role from teacher to student and also non-editing teacher - and switched back - all fine with no error messages.
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -

Mary,

On my local installation of Moodle Preview 4 (Windows WINAMP) I am still getting this error message. The error message is hard-coded in lib/pagelib.php. If I comment out line 696 in that script, I do not get the error message.

// $this->ensure_theme_not_set();

OK, created bug MDL-23064.

Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -
In latest Moodle 2.0 Preview 4 this bug has disappeared.
Joseph