How to provide recognition through badges like in moodle.org ?

How to provide recognition through badges like in moodle.org ?

by Ravishankar Somasundaram -
Number of replies: 9
Dear moodlers,

How to provide recognition through badges in my moodle site for people on different aspects (Most helpfull moodler, cvs access, moodle partner like in moodle.org) ?

I would want to provide badges like suject expert, associate, . .. . etc
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ravishankar Somasundaram

Re: How to provide recognition through badges like in moodle.org ?

by Paul Holden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Moodle Workplace team Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
They're just groups that have been created, which each have an icon associated with them approve
In reply to Paul Holden

Hello Paul,

Oh, yeah.

So how do you calculate and add a person to the group automatically ?

say for example if a person helps more in forum for Atomic physics, after a rating of 70 he has to be added to the experts group like in moodle.org ?

Can we impose such a condition ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
It has to be a custom hack. Use any sort of plugin that can have cron code (local, or a block would be good choices) then write a cron scrip that adds or removes people from certain groups according to whatever conditions you want.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Oh, i was thinking there would be an existing addon like that because its already implemented in moodle.org and possible many other moodle installations !

Anyways thank you all for replying smile

happy moodling ;)

by Dale Davies -
Funny I was wondering the same thing this morning! Obviously great minds think alike!
In reply to Dale Davies

Good to know that Dale Davies smile

have filed a new feature request for the same.
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-22566

by Emmanuelle Taino -

This is very interesting.

How's the tracking system gonna look like? Is there a way to export which people are on which group?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It might be helpful to expand your description with examples where you say " smart UI system with code base to achieve the above given objectives 1 and 2 automatically based on imposed conditions (Appears to be a part of conditional activity code base)"

As I am not entirely sure what you are looking for.

In reply to Marcus Green

by Alex Walker -

The college I work for is very interested in some sort of achievement system for building student engagement.

I've just posted something on the subject. In my case, it isn't a "does anything out there do this" request, but an "I'm building this, does anyone have any ideas?" request.