Fancy Login-Button

Fancy Login-Button

by Maximilian Riecks -
Number of replies: 5
Hey Guys,

I am currently trying to install moodle on a desktop pc. This worked out pretty well, but I now reached a point, where I can not get any further.

1. I want to replace the written letters "Login" by a "Login-Button" in *.png
I do not find it in any *.php oder *.css - where as I thought it must by in sort of a *.html document.

2. I would like to put the chang-language-drop-down to somewhere else, but i do not find the code either.

Can somebody help me to find these two points?

Thanks for your support!

Max
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Maximilian Riecks

Re: Fancy Login-Button

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Max,

Which version of Moodle are you currently using?
If it's 1.9.8 or earlier you should find all references to login CSS under standard theme.
Look for styles_layout.css and styles_color.css in the standard theme's folder.

There is a theme which uses a login button...you can view it HERE

The code for that is as follows...

#submit {
background:transparent url(images/header/login.png) no-repeat scroll left top;
border-width:0;
color:#FFFFFF;
font-size:1em;
font-weight:bold;
height:25px;
padding-bottom:5px;
width:62px;
}

The part of the code needed to relocate the language menu is a little more complex and can be found in the header.html, but this can be tricky if you are not familiar with PHP.

Hope this helps?

Mary

by Frank Erazo -
Max:

If you simply want to replace a string, simply go to your language editing. On the Site Administration block, click Language > Language editing.

Then click Edit words or phrases. It will ask you which file you would like to edit. Most of the time, you will be choosing a file called moodle.php.

It's going to be a very long list, so simply do a Ctrl+F and search for Login. You may also find more than one, so just keep hitting next until you find the string you want to change.

Once you've made your changes, click the "Save changes: moodle.php" button.

by Maximilian Riecks -
Sorry for the time it took me - but i had some trouble at work.

I, with your help, have been able to create the Login Button and alter the Design as intended.

Thanks for your support.

Max