Is the backwards text an April Fool's day prank?

Is the backwards text an April Fool's day prank?

by Jonathan Konrad -
Number of replies: 12
I image the backwards text is an April Fool's day prank. Cool. Except I need to write my MCCC exam. Any chance you could turn it off for that particular area? Thanks.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jonathan Konrad

Re: Is the backwards text an April Fool's day prank?

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I've excluded the MCCC course (some text may take a little while to revert, due to caching).

Happy April Fool's Day from down under!
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
ɐɥ ɐɥ - ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ ,slooɟ lıɹdɐ ʎddɐɥ ¡ɐǝpı ʇɐǝɹƃ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hmm. this will serve me right for trying to be clever.. I put my text into a "write upside down" program and then pasted it in the hope that it would come the right way up... only it just flipped it around instead (and is still upside down) smile Perhaps the message is you shouldn't try to buck the system...
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
---
Attachment image00.jpg
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Charlie Owen -
Oh, it's April 1st. Who would have guessed "funny", "wacky" and perhaps even "zany" events would take place?

Is there any chance you can turn this off now? I'm trying to write a proposal, quoting some things from various moodle.org forums. Backwards text does not impress clients.
In reply to Jonathan Konrad

by Tom Black -
The art of the practical joke, is to not cause any real distress to the object of the joke.

Upside down text, funny for about 5 seconds, and then utterly frustrating for those of us who are actually trying to work...
In reply to Tom Black

by Claire Browne -
Very good April fool but can be a little frustrating when I am trying to work.