Moodle 2.0 sprint this weekend

Moodle 2.0 sprint this weekend

by Helen Foster -
Number of replies: 24
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi everyone,

This weekend we're holding our first ever Moodle 2.0 sprint to help get 2.0 beta out as soon as possible!

To take part in the sprint, simply choose a feature in Moodle 2.0 which needs finishing, or some 2.0 bugs which need fixing, then when you have time at the weekend, get coding! Remember to drop by our Jabber developer chat room at some point and let others know what you’re working on.

Penny, Martin and I will be taking part in the sprint. Anyone else thinking of joining us?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle 2.0 sprint this weekend

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
I'm in.

I'll be working on MDL-21695
In reply to koen roggemans

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Oh wow! If I only knew about development I' d be insmile
Just wait until Moodle 3.0 ,..-maybe I'll have learned a bit by then.......wink
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Mary, there's no need to wait till Moodle 3.0. We'll be holding some Moodle 2.0 testing sprints soon, in addition to the code sprints! tongueout
In reply to Helen Foster

by Luis Alberto Bravo Caballero -
delete the message that let you just now? that is what collaborative learning?
In reply to Luis Alberto Bravo Caballero

by Luis Alberto Bravo Caballero -
lo siento acabo de ver que la pregunta que hice en un nuevo hilo del foro...
sorry just saw that the question I asked in a new forum thread ... sonrojado
In reply to Helen Foster

by Isabelle Cayer -
If I feel I can help at something, I will be in too!
Si je me rends compte que je peux faire quelque chose, j'aiderai!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Drechsler -
I'm not a developer's rear end but if you need a testing resource then let me know - I was a QA guy in a previous life. I'm also trying to find out who is around the place this weekend from NetSpot - might be tricky on short notice but I'll do my best.

How are things like development standards and code quality going to be managed if its an open invite?
In reply to Mark Drechsler

by Penny Leach -
Hi Mark!

It's not really an open invite in the sense that people that couldn't previously commit code suddenly can.

Those of us who have commit access and are working on things for 2.0 already, will continue with that. People that don't have commit access can test bugs for reproducability and then attach patches to tracker issues, which will be reviewed before being committed just like normal smile

I wanted to find a way to somehow formally be able to say that a tracker issue has a patch attached (I'm thinking of the Debian bug tracker, which has a tag "patch"), but it seems that if you just write the word "patch" in a comment when you attach a file it can be found.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Argh! I have an assignment due for the OU course I am studying that I must do this weekend, and you put temptation like this in my way. If you see me there, ask me if I have finished my assignment, and if not, kick me out wink
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Tim -do what I do - just don't sleep. That way you get everything done!wink
In reply to Helen Foster

by Sam Hemelryk -
I have to get ready the house ready for the inlaws-to-be but any free time I find myself with I'll be happy to spend on development, so count me in smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mark Johnson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm free on Saturday, I'll drop by the channel and see what I can help with!
In reply to Helen Foster

by Dan Poltawski -
I'm in!

I hope to look at all the bugs Penny has been bugging me to test, enrolment changes, general bugfixing and possibly investigate a dropbox portfolio/repo plugin.
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Helen Foster -
Brilliant! Good to hear that lots of you can make our sprint! smile Anyone else?

In addition to our Jabber developer chat room, Dan Marsden has suggested #moodle on freenode as another meeting place.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Andrew Davis -
I'll hopefully get some stuff done although this weekend is exactly 1 week until my wedding. A major Moodle release and a wedding are not good things to try and do at the same time :\
In reply to Andrew Davis

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

What's this thing with Sam "having to get ready the house ready for the inlaws-to-be" and you, Andrew, "1 week away from your wedding". What's this "getting married frenzy" ? Spring is in the air?

Best wishes to you both.smile

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Helen Foster -
+1 to Joseph's comment "Best wishes to you both" Sam and Andrew! smile
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Penny Leach -
Yay thanks Dan.

Also more portfolio plugins would be awesome smile smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Brendan Rollinson-Lorimer -
I'm up for fixing some bugs this weekend. I've got about ten months experience working with Moodle in a development context.

I'm also interested in doing any QA-type work if there is any to be done, either on this sprint or on a future one.
In reply to Brendan Rollinson-Lorimer

Re: Moodle 2.0 sprint tomorrow and Sunday!

by Helen Foster -
Thanks again to everyone hoping to take part in our sprint tomorrow and/or Sunday. Please see Development:Sprint for details of the event.

Brendan, your help with QA will definitely be appreciated once Moodle 2.0 beta is released. We're hoping to hold several sprints for testers and documentation writers (as well as developers) during the beta period.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Olli Savolainen -
Hi!

I could not resist the temptation, and decided to work on MDL-20139. I read all the discussion generated last August, and made changes to react to that. I really hope this will be committed before Moodle 2.0 release. smile

Thanks for the idea, I would probably not have gotten this done without it! smile